cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickChes1
Message 1 of 2

BT ADMIN ERROR 4 HOURS ON PHONE TO THEM AND STILL NOT FIXED

This is the customer service I have received from bt after being a customer for over 10 years, I have infinity and phone line previously tv. I was due to move house on 13th jan but this was delayed so at the start of the week informed bt via website form and revised date to 26th. Also phoned bt to ensure they would cancel switch off on 13th but guess what they switched me off anyway. You think they would be keen, capable and quick to correct what is their mistake but no over 48 hours later the problem still not sorted and I am left VERY ANGRY. First thing friday morning the Internet went off so rang bt asking if I had been switched off but they confirmed it was scheduled for 26th so problem must be due to fault. At 1pm when my phone line went off as well thought maybe they were messing with this while fixing the broadband...hmmm. Later when not fixed phoned bt and after an hour informed phoned line had been switched off so would need to ring back the next day. Rang bt first thing and continued to spend the next 4 HOURS on the phone to 5 different advisors and supervisors and got precisely nowhere. Was told the following at various points. We will send you a bt dongle while your Internet is off - what this was to acheive I am yet to figure out as we live in the country not in the middle of a city where you can get open reach bt are not a mobile company this was a pathetic attempt to fob me off for a couple of days. We will give you an open reach username and password... See above same answer Your Internet is still working so will be fine once your phone comes back on. This was reiterated 4 times by 1 advisor, i explained that the infinity went off 4 hrs prior to the phone to no avail until I spoke to her supervisor who admitted this was true and transferred me then to another department to sort out the Internet. Was told DESPITE THIS BEING BT's ADMIN ERROR WE WILL NOT GET INTERNET BACK UNTIL AFTER WE MOVE. When moving houses dates change so this ridculous answer for bts error. One supervisor proceeded 3 times to cut me off in the middle of me speaking and blind transfer me to another department (cancellations) which was absolutely no use as unfortunately I can't and am stuck with this shambles of a company. Finally thought I was getting somewhere having spoke to "Derek" in the moving department who arranged for my original phone line to be set afresh and Internet reinstalled by wed at the latest BUT then I recieved a text (which I couldn't respond to) and a phone message telling me that they had cancelled both the phone and Internet order and that I needed to contact sales to reinstate them - WTF. I now had to ring another random department explain the whole thing over again only for this time to be told been redirected and that sales was shut until 9am on monday. Bt are a disgrace to the Uk. I am yet to have more than 2 positive experiences of dealing with the in 10 years, to put this into perspective even sky managed to deal with me changing my move date without cutting me off yes that's right you are worse than sky! Is it for issues like this that ofcom exist? Either way this is now going on Facebook and twitter (edited massively obviously)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT ADMIN ERROR 4 HOURS ON PHONE TO THEM AND STILL NOT FIXED

Hi NickChes1

Welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to read of the experience you have had when trying to put through this home move.

We can take a look at this for you if you wish, please send us an email using the contact us form address in my profile. The address is in the section About Me.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings