cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peterpan1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

BT BLACKMAIL

Blackmail by bt?.. BT know I want to leave bt and today after calling them I felt I was blackmailed. I moved address and I was told I would not have to pay installation fees in my new flat. An engineer was called as there was a fault, despite them saying all was ok... I received a letter saying I was on a new contract for 18 months from the 7/7/14..I stated to them I do not have to have a new contract for moving address..In the end they said I was right. I have had technical problems ever since I joined bt 2 years ago. I did not have a working line for a month and spent days having battles with them. I stated to them today that I did not want them to give other services my details as I was receiving calls about surveys..despite saying no! they called again and again. Bt did this and sent an email stating they did it and it would take effect from thee 23/7/14..Then they added something else quote..We will do this and take 12 months line rental from you as agree..AGREE..well I did not agree to anything. So I called BT first about when my contract ended as I was told dec2014 and another said Aug 2014..He said Jan 2015. I brought up the issue about a letter being sent saying that a new contract started from the 7/7/14 for 18 months.. He then became very threatening and I felt I was being Blackmailed. He said quote..You have 2 choices take the 18 month contract or pay £125 or £130 for installation fees for when i moved in..I said what Installation fees the engineer was only here for 4 minutes..He said tough that the rules..wel that is rubbish..He shouted at me saying take it or leave it..I said you must have idiots working there saying my contrcat ends on 3 dates..I DO NOT recommend BT...David as follows
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Peterpan1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Re: COMPLAINT - This is getting ridiculous now

They have been blackmailing me...I could write a book about the problems I have had with bt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Re: BT BLACKMAIL

Please stop spamming the board with your post.

0 Ratings
Peterpan1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

gg30341..

If you do not like my comments about BT then I suggest you go away and that you do not read my posts.

Simple!

And I am not Spamming the boards, That is a stupid comment. In  fact it would be great if you find another word as Spammming..The word you used is in correct..Spamming is used for Unsolicited emails where they advertise and plant links so that they can put viruses on your computer...Advising people that they join BT at their peril due to my experiences is not a crime and nor is it a spam.....I have not sent my message across other boards either..It seems like you do not ike me having a go at BT..If that is the case then why have this Forum..............

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

you have been offered help by the forum mods i suggest you take up their offer of help https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Why-I-hate-and-do-not-recommend-Bt-below-many-issues-of-many/m-p/...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

I never said I do not like your comments, frankly I couldn't care less about your comments but unfortunately they were plastered all over the boards.

Before you comment about what is spamming on a forum I suggest you read the Forum Users Guidlelines

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/BTCare-Community-Forums-User-Guidelines-Updated-03-0...

and in particular the part about spam

Spam

Don't post the same message multiple times across the forum. Please post your message in the most appropriate section of the forum for your topic. 

0 Ratings
Peterpan1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

gg..They may use the word SPAM on the boards for Forums but Spam is still the wrong word to use. The proper definition means..Unsolicited emails..Spam also means trap. Spammers trap you into reading their emails so that you press onto their link where they can put Viruses or malware or both on your computer...

I am glad you are not going to read my message anymore...

0 Ratings
Peterpan1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Niel0 (bt moderator) and gg.... I will put you on ignore....Even you use the Spam word incorrectly..Spam is a word that was created for emails not forums..Duplicating maybe the equivalent for forums where messages are repeated across other boards that are not the subject matter...You say I am doing this and that is nonsense as well..My post in fact covers a range of issues not just one as you claim..Billing...Line rental....Customer services..Contract...and other issues. I have noticed you are from BT Niel0..I thought so..It seems Bt does not like the freedom of speech even on its own forum...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

As you are posting on a forum I would suggest that you should use the forums definition of spam.

Depending on where you look you will also find spam as being defined as:

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it.

Regardless of which definition you choose to use, posting the same message repeatedly over a forum is never an accepted use of the forum.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi Guys,

Please keep it on topic and friendly.

Thanks

Neil