cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT BULLYS MY 80 YEAR OLD NAN - PHONE ISSUE WOES

Go to solution

Hi All,

I am to be honest, utterly disgusted with how BT have treated my 80 year old grandmother.  On 15th August, i visited my nan who has just recently had a knee operation and therefore not that mobile - she mentioned that her phone line was very crackly and could not hear people on the phone.

I investigated the problem with my nan, tested two phones in the test socket and could hear the crackling and therefore reported a fault to BT.  BT advised that they would organise an engineer to investigate the problm at the weekend and said that they would keep me updated as well as my nan.

On the sunday, i recieved a text message saying that BT have tried to call - i had no missed calls on my phone and was in an area with bery good cell coverage, plus, if another person calls - i can swap calls on my mobile. My nan did not recieve any calls nor any messages left on 1571.

I contacted my nan again during the week as she was concerned that the problem was getting worse, my nan 100% relys on the house phone, she does not use a mobile phone much due to problems with her eyes, but that is beside the point, she is paying for a phone line, it should work right?

So i contacted BT, again going through the same checks again, BT then suggested a site visit - gave the blurb of £130 charge if my nan caused any damage to the BT equiptment - this is impossible as my nan can not kneel down to the phone socket nor does she know where the wiring sits outside, all underground.

BT suggested that they would call between 8am to 1pm on Saturday to discuss further, no call was recieved so my nan chased BT.  BT advised this problem was being looked into -was it?

On sunday, my nan was in histerics on the mobile to me, took her over half an hour to dial a number on a mobile due to her eye sight.  When i contacted BT to tell them that the phone line is now dead, BT said they would send an engineer out earliest on Tuesday between 8am to 1PM.  Within half an hour, the phone started working again but still had crackling on the line.

On the monday this week, my nan recieved a call from a BT engineer - he asked if he could visit but my nan declined due to personal reasons and that a booking was set for tuesday between 8am to 1PM. 

My nan called BT today, the day BT should have come to fix the problem, she spoke to someone who said that my nan wouldbe charged £130 for a missed appointment - this is where i now become very angry as this upset my nan, my nan tried to explain the situation but BT aparently would not accept it.

My nan does not have £130 just to flush down the toilet, thats a months worth of food or even more to my nan, thats heating, thats hot water for a few weeks - it is an utter joke.

In the end my sister contacted BT to deal with the problem, BT are due to visit my nan on Thursday but again, my sister had to dig into BT to deal with a problem that has been outstanding.

BT have since called to apologies to my nan - but this is not enough, i am utterly disgusted how she has been treeated, i have had my share of **bleep** from BT but this falls below the barrels - disgusting bullying service.

I want people to be aware of this on the BT forums - if i am blocked from this group then let it be, i have taken a copy of this thread, but i want people to take notice, BT BULLY VULNERABLE PEOPLE!

Disgutsed.

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT BULLYS MY 80 YEAR OLD NAN - PHONE ISSUE WOES

Go to solution

Hi computergeek, 

Thanks for your post. I must say it doesn't make for great reading and I am so sorry for any distress caused to your grandmother. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Olga,

I have since replied directly to you as unable to locate the option to contact the mods on your profile.

thanks

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

The link is located here 

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

thanks john, found it!!

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

Not recieved a reply to my form i completed???

thanks

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

There is normally a delay of about 5-6 working days for your request to reach the top of the queue.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Hi CG,

Thanks for posting. I'll make sure this is picked as priority tomorrow.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe, unacceptable, the way BT treated my grandmother was disgusting!! My nan still is extreemly upset, would you or your family members liked to be treated like that, no and YOU would expect a reply promptly. 

@DavidM, thank you! the message was logged on 19th August.

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
wildthing
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

To me this sounds like a problem my gran also had some years ago, the wiring in the box if it is old and been in since before the internet, then the wiring in the box could be corroded. When BT visit and do updates they just take a line from the hardwired box that had the old phone in and do an extention to the newer box that enables a person to go out and buy any phone on the market. If it is that then it is up to BT to replace free of charge, there should only be a charge if the fault if after the box, which in the case of some BT engineers they would say was the old hardwired box, but I would argue it out with them if they tried it on as it could be argued that the point of service from the box is the newer box not the older type. 

0 Ratings