cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Basic and caller id

Go to solution

Hi There,

BT claim all bt customers are able to have caller id free of charge. I have tested this several times on my  86yr old mothers landline but it does not work. I have tried the #234 method to turn it on/off to no avail. I would like to get this working so she doesn't have to answer every call just in case its important. Could somebody please help or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Basic and caller id

Go to solution

@pww1955 

It has to be added to the account, its not enabled by default. There is no charge for this.

It can be added by logging into MyBT and using the "manage phone features" section.

There will be an option there to order your free caller display feature.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for the prompt reply...I'll give it a go later and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Finally found the option to enable the caller id, its hidden to start with and you need to show more options. Went through the ordering options only to be refused because  'We're Sorry....can't show offers online cos you have BT Basic

You have to ring 0800 672 476 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Not sure why it should refer to offers, when all you are adding is caller display. I have asked a moderator to comment.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Rang the number given in the message.....Eventually got through to an operator who was very helpful and who has now enabled the caller display option for us. I have to give it 24 hours and then I can test to see if it works. Then a new telephone 🙂

Thanks for the help

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @pww1955, thanks for the update, and good to hear you have now got it ordered. Sorry that the online journey would not work and I'll feed this back. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Hi John,

Just got back from my mums after trying to install a new phone with caller display....surprised to find that Caller Display is NOT working!! gave it 24 hours as requested but it is not displaying the caller info. All I get is a message that there is an incoming call. Not impressed with BT so far.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @pww1955, thanks for coming back to us and, sorry it's still not working. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hi John,

Just had a phone call from my mother who was excited to discover that the Caller Display is now working. Can I pass on our thanks to you and to the mod team (one of who rang me on Friday to explain the situation) for all your assistance in getting this sorted...it has been much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings