Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveCLiv
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Basic and can't add Caller ID

Hi there,

my gran (94) has BT Basic and has recently gotten a BT Call Guardian phone to help block an increasing number of spam calls as Call Protect was only filtering small numbers out. Only problem is we don't seem to be able to get Caller ID working.

Online order says "We can't show you any offers as you are on BT Basic"

*#234# says not available

I did ring up over a month ago and after 20 minutes of 2 agents being stumped they said they'd raise it internally, but we haven't heard a jot yet.

I am down as someone who can manage the account on her behalf, so hopefully someone here can sort the issue out?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Basic and can't add Caller ID

Hi @DaveCLiv,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that we have not been able to get Caller Display working for your gran.

I have sent you a private message so that we can take a look into this for you, it should be a simple fix.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
aam
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Basic and can't add Caller ID

@Matt-S  I wonder if BT could get something modified on the system so those on BT Basic are able to enable and disable the various calling features using the regular online method rather than just seeing the message: "We can't show you any offers as you are on BT Basic", when you try to place the order. 

Also, with respect to Caller Display, can it not be enabled by default for all users, especially as it’s free?

0 Ratings