cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Basic

Hi, everyone, I am getting so frustrated with BT and it's BT Basic Plan. I have been trying without success to actually join the plan. I have telephoned on three different occasions beginning first of all on 21st November 2019 when I requested an application form and was told it would take 5 working days for the form to arrive, it didn't arrive. Again I phoned on 14th December 2019 and was told the form would be sent as a priority and be with me ASAP, but no it did not arrive. I then rung up again as soon as the New Year had passed, to explain the situation once again, and they said they would send the form again and keep an eye on my account and to wait just 5 more days, and yes, you have probably guessed correctly, it has not arrived again. I did also state that until I get the actual form to fill in and agreed, I will still have to pay the £19.99 pm for the line rental. I must admit I was pulling my hair out by this time, but BT did cancel the December payment as they thought that by 10th January 2020 (tomorrow) I should have BT Basic up and running by then. So what am I supposed to do now, NO BT Basic application = NO benefit details = NO BT Basic! I did ask if I could possibly download this by now, Gold Plated application form for me to print out and complete and was told NO, not possible as it needs to be hand written, WHAT!

Can someone please explain to me what's going on with BT Basic, something set up for people in my situation is just making me ill, I don't know what else I can do, is the delay so BT can keep charging full line rental in the hope I give in, does BT Basic actually exist? My next step I suppose is put in an official complaint (even more delays) then off to OFCOM (considerably even more delay) and failing that just go somewhere else, to a company who actually cares for it's customer base, if one exists. Can somebody please sort this out for me!

I originally left BT some years ago because of the very poor customer service, years down the line, nice to see this has changed for the better (NOT)!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Basic

Here I see some information to ensure you qualify. http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/470451/1233857098/redirect/1

I have asked mods to help as there have been other similar posts if you used the search facility. Mods will post here

i don't think any other ISP does a similar offer to BT Basic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi @StarTiger63

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry that you are yet to receive your BT basic forms even after contracting us a number of times about the issue. This is not the level of customer service we expect our customers to receive. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the link, have already got the booklet, you are correct about BT Basic is the only readily available solution I know of but am also looking for a cheaper landline deal because I only need the landline for my Careline service as I usually just use my free minutes on my mobile, I feel landline charges are a real rip off in this day and age so any discounts are worth claiming.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

All packages now include line rental but no calls - it is not like before when it was separate to the broadband package. You can select an add-on for calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings