Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT Basics. Another case of the missing form

Go to solution

We've tried since September, if not earlier, to get the BT Basics form sent to my mother. We tried again last night. Interestingly the person revealed BT don't send the form themselves but it's all managed by a separate company who do it. All BT do is make the request. The person told us they couldn't tell us theccompany's name but suggested googling. I'm sure there was a silent "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" as well. We were told that "very few get BT Basics". Looking at the many posts, it sounds asif  BT Basics is a scheme deliberately set up to fail. 

The question is : how do we ensure my mother gets the form?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Basics. Another case of the missing form

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

I assume you called the number on this page?

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/ApplyingforBTBasic/index.htm

Highlighted
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @andrewgscott1 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you have been trying since September to get this for your mum. Try the number on the link @Keith_Beddoe has provided as the BT Basic team should be able to sort this for you. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team if you still need help to get this set up.

cheers
John 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Yes.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @andrewgscott1 if you reply to the Private message that @JohnC2 sent you on Monday we'll be happy to chase this up with the BT Basic team.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I saw the message today. I need to call my mother to get her account number. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@andrewgscott1, no problem we'll be happy to help when you're able to send over the details. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Have replied to your DM. thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Everything has been fixed with John's help. The form arrived and we've now received an email saying the BT Basic package will start soon.

Many thanks! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Have been trying to get my friend on BT Basic since beginning of January.I phoned the appropriate number with him present,gave NI number,no mention of a form required,girl said first bill would show £11-99 then be corrected.In fact it was over £31- when I called they refunded £20 but did not mention form.I made a complaint,phoned last Sunday,he did Monday,they say form coming within 2 weeks but they keep cancelling the complaint when it is not resolved.For £18 he could have gone with NowTv who he was with,unlimited use, before having a breakdown and spending 2 months in hospital.Until this is sorted out I want the complaint keeping open and a suitable refund given.I have had complaints with Virgin,Lloyds,Barclays for 6 months or more-Bt seem to be trying to keep their statistics down.

0 Ratings