Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WelshGuy74
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband Refusing Support due to Not have a BT HomeHub

Go to solution

Not sure if anybody else has had this problem, but for last 9 months i've been having intermittent issues with by BT Broadband with multiple faults, all outside my home some due to water in landline joints but alot  due to faults in the Fibre cabinet, with fibre ports inside the cabinet faulty and no spare ports to move to.

Well last few days my broadband has been having intermittent faults and slowing of speed specifically the upload speed with has collapsed down to 700kb.

Raise a fault to BT first on chat who said it looks like i have a line fault, but ironically my broadband reset during the chat so i had to then phone in to continue the conversation. Now during the call the support person mentions he wants to do internals tests on my equipment, i say that i dont have a homehub anymore as it broke a while ago and i replaced with a Vigor router that is on the opernreach approved list, and BT also sell them on their shop.

I'm told they cannot support me as a dont have a homehub in place and that as i'm not in my warranty contract period they wont replace my homehub to do their diagnostics, so basically i'm awaiting a callback as I escalated to a manager saying this is not acceptable, and the history of my faults show the issue is outside of my home and that my Vigor has been in place for quite a while.

Really not happy with this situation at all, not happy they expect me to buy a £100+ for homehub to do diagnostics? Which will show the faults is outside anyway!

Anybody else had similar issues? atm i'm speaking to a few friends to see if i can borrow a homehub from somewhere..

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband Refusing Support due to Not have a BT HomeHub

Go to solution

Hi @WelshGuy74 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you've been having with your broadband.  I appreciate the amount of time that you've spent chasing this.  I can pick this up and help get everything sorted out.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@WelshGuy74 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

if there is water ingress and that is causing noise on your phone line then report a phone fault to 151  get phone fixed and broadband will improve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings