cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Masika
Message 1 of 6

BT Call Guardian - Blocked number still being able to call

Hello, I’ve got a BT landline and we’ve recently had to block a number which we initially listed as a contact.

However, despite blocking this number, calls are still able to come through from the number. Because these phone calls have become quite a nuisance now and we would really like to stop receiving calls from this number, I’m curious as to whether there is any real reason for this and if here’s anything that can be done to prevent this number from being able to call?

Thanks in advance for any response!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Call Guardian - Blocked number still being able to call

BT do have a service which may help, you could try it for a month to see.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8500/~/all-about-choose-to-refuse

This can also block withheld calls, but it will not tell you the actual number, but it still blocks it.

On your phone, did you make sure that Call Guardian is turned on, and that you normally see all callers number appear on the phone display?

pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Can it not be blocked with BT Call Protect ?

Masika
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for letting me know about that service, I’ll definitely have a look into that if there is no other solution. Just to add, yes we do have call guardian turned on (we’ve had it set up for some time) and the name of anyone who calls does show up in the phone display.
0 Ratings
Masika
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately we don’t have call protect in this phone as far as I’ve been informed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@Masika wrote:
Unfortunately we don’t have call protect in this phone as far as I’ve been informed.

Its not a phone feature, its network based.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/bt-call-protect-why-bts-free-service-can-help-you-ban...

0 Ratings