Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Redsetterpaul
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Call Protect Doesnt work on FTTP lines

Go to solution

I responded to the marketing of BT Call Protect as I thought it would be useful. I have FTTP for broadband and voice calls. However I had a doubted if it would work on my line so responded to a pop up chat box and enquired with an advisor in India who assured me it would work. I therefore placed my order. It does NOT work and three calls to BT in Dundee and Swansea have confirmed this! Why do they not make this clear on their promotional pages and inform their colleagues in India to stop advising BT customers like me that it will not work. Very annoying.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Call Protect Doesnt work on FTTP lines

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to reply.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Redsetterpaul
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello. Further to my enquiry, you have asked a moderator to reply. I haven't had a reply so far.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Redsetterpaul I am really sorry about the incorrect information provided by the live chat adviser regarding the compatibility of Call Protect and FTTP.  As you've been correctly advised when calling in the FTTP technology used to provided your service won't work with the Call Protect service.

This information is available for all BT staff and the order can't be placed either on our internal systems or on BT.com. Once again I'm sorry about the poor experience you encountered when contacting us via the chat facility.

Redsetterpaul
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you NeilO  for your reply. However, I was able to place an order on BT.com and even had a tracking number and subsequently a time of 10.01 hrs when the facility was supposed to be working. You can therefore imagine my surprise when on dialling 1572 a message of "The number you have dialled has not be recognised". I still maintain that a caveat on the Call Protect information of this service is not compatible with FTTP should be provided.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Redsetterpaul According to my info the BT Call Protect service shouldn't be offered in BT.com to FTTP customers in the first place so I can appreciate your surprise when it wouldn't work.  I'll bring this to the the attention of the call protect team.

Redsetterpaul
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

On the subject of FTTP, if a customer moved from BT to say Virgin, would they be able to keep FTTP voice and Internet? 

0 Ratings