cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardGillis
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Call Protect - Remotely accessing 1572

Hi - through a Power of Attorney, we manage my fathers home phone; using BT Call Protect and a White List to restrict the calls he receives.  Is there any way of remotely listening to any messages left on the 1572 service?  (we live approx 250 miles away).

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Call Protect - Remotely accessing 1572

@RichardGillis 

Yes, see this post and the earlier post in that thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/quot-Spoof-quot-Number-Blocking/m-p/1981735#M67423

I am sure @RobFletcher  would be able to help, if you get stuck.

0 Ratings
RichardGillis
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - reread that, and I can't see where it notes the 1572 call being listened to remotely. I can definitely manage the BT Call Protect system remotely (on the web), but don't know if I can listen to calls made to the 1572 voicemail box. I doubt I can without actually dialling out from his home phone.
0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is now way to listen to the voicemails other than from the phone in the house. Given all the issues of late over hacking and listening to voicemails, I suspect this is something BT would not want to do.

But, that said, I find that it works pretty well most of the time. Sometimes the doctors etc have a new number and so this new number needs to be verified with them and added to the VIP list. If a number keeps turning up, it's worth a quick google to see if it's (a) a known spam number, or (b) maybe a new service number as above. If you do phone it, make sure you block your number - but, in the main, if it's not on your list, then 99% it's a spam!

I did get 1471 ringback disabled for my mum's phone as well.

For reference, in just over 18 months of doing this, here's the result! 

scams.JPG

Rob.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

There is a mention of BT Callminder on this page.

https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/ServicesfromBT/Managingyourmessages/index.htm

"

With BT Call Minder, you can:

• pick up messages remotely, from any phone
  • choose how many times you want your phone to ring before your answer machine takes the call
  • store up to 30 5 minute messages for 30 days
  • use BT Call Protect."

Not sure if that allows you to use all the features of Call Protect.

0 Ratings