cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 77

Re: Is my Call Protect Working ok?

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Sorry for the problems you're having managing your Call Protect service.

I'm just dropping by to let you know the product team are still investigating the reason why this is happening.  I'll post back when I have received an update from them.

Cheers,

Robbie

Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 77

Go to solution

Thank you Robbie.

But why are the "Live Chat" support team not aware of this issue and  that the Web Masters are working on a "Fix" for the problem.

The first "Support Technician" created a new "Order" wipinng out my entire blacklist.

The second "Support Technician" sent me a Link to show me how to use Call Protect!

This I am afraid shows complete incompetence  and a lack of liason in BT

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 77

Go to solution

Hi @Grumpyfella 

Thanks for posting back!  I'm sorry that you've been told to do that.

This issue is affecting more people than you and it is being looked into at the moment.  We are in touch with the product team who are currently looking into this.

Please keep an eye on this thread and we will post back as soon as we have received a reply from the product team.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 77

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your patience whilst we investigate this issue.

The product team have been able to replicate the issue you guys are reporting so many thanks for highlighting this.  It’s currently being looked into to understand what exactly is needed to sort this out.  They are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible and we’ll post updates on here as we receive them.

In the meantime, you can make changes to your Call Protect service by dialling 1572 from your home phone.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 35 of 77

Go to solution

How do I make changes to my mums Call Protect system when I am 250 miles away from her phone???

Rob.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 36 of 77

Go to solution

Hi @RobFletcher ,

Are you not able to do so online via her My BT account ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
barnpiece
Expert
Message 37 of 77

Go to solution

The MyBT Call Protect settings are not working at the moment, so its necessary to have access to the phone to check and change the settings -- which is much more tedious to do by dialling 1572.

They've been broken for some time and no indication of how long we have to put up with the situation.

Richard

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 38 of 77

Go to solution

Hi @barnpiece ,

If you look back on the topic Call Protect is working but not showing the correct status for personal & BT blacklists.  Ringing your home phone from a withheld phone will confirm this.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 39 of 77

Go to solution

I am doing it online and I believe the settings are remembered - just that your message seemed to imply that you had to do it via 1572 ... looking forward to when it's fixed. So, is it working for some people then?

Rob

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 40 of 77

Go to solution

Although Call Protect is working (and gives correct settings on 1572), when I check the settings on MyBT, they show all settings are Off and if you change them there, next time you come back they show Off again.

So you cannot check what values you have set on MyBT, only on 1572.

Richard

0 Ratings