Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john16
Contributor
Message 51 of 63

Re: BT Call Protect keeps switching off the Personal Blacklist

Go to solution

I have had call protect switched on since it was first offered, in the last month i have had 170 junk calls and still getting them every day. As previously mentioned in thread checked settings in my account and sure enough turned off, and will not stay switched on. My question is who switched it off in the first place and is this going to be fixed?

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 52 of 63

Go to solution

The main problem is that the numbers used by the scammers now are changed every time. I have stopped 837 calls tro my mums phone so far. I now rely on blocking ALL calls 24/7 and onl allow those on the VIP list through. I can report that very rarely does a blacklisted call ever come up again - the scammers have "learnt", making the blacklist pretty useless as their first call will get through anyway until you blacklist it!

As many have said the answer is a call blocking phone or the Do Not Distrub+VIP List part of the BT Call Protect system (which unfortunately costs £3.50 per month - there does now seem to be a case to make this FREE as part of the Call Protect system??)

Rob.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 53 of 63

Go to solution

@john16wrote:

I have had call protect switched on since it was first offered, in the last month i have had 170 junk calls and still getting them every day. As previously mentioned in thread checked settings in my account and sure enough turned off, and will not stay switched on. My question is who switched it off in the first place and is this going to be fixed?

If you look around this site you will see that it is a website fault.  Dial your home number from a withheld number ( your mobile ? ) and you should find it is blocked, assuming you have withheld numbers blocked of course.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 54 of 63

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments and your continued patience.  I am very sorry that you have been unable to manage your call protect options via the MyBT online portal.  As you know we have been investigating the route cause and I now have some good news to share :smileyhappy:

I am happy to let you all know that a solution has been developed to resolve the problems you have been experiencing with managing your call protect options online.  We have been testing this solution to ensure that it fixes the issue and doesn't introduce any other problems. 

Testing is going very well and we hope to roll out the fix very soon.  At this point in time I cannot confirm exactly when we will roll this out but as soon as I know more I will let you know. 

In the mean time you can still make changes to Call protect settings by dialling 1572.  Thanks again for your continued patience while we have been working to fix this.  

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 55 of 63

Go to solution

Many thanks for the update - nice to know people are on the case.

Any info about what BT is doing with the "Report a Scam" set of numbers????

Rob.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 56 of 63

Go to solution

@RobFletcher wrote:

Many thanks for the update - nice to know people are on the case.

Any info about what BT is doing with the "Report a Scam" set of numbers????

Rob.

Hi @RobFletcher,

Thanks for the post, good question!  I am not to close to this important piece of work so I don't have the answer to your questions, however let me do some digging to see if I can find someone who can.

I will come back to you as soon as I know more :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 57 of 63

Re: BT Call Protect Settings Problem

Go to solution

The web page showing Call Protect settings is now (at last) showing the actual set values, rather than just OFF.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 58 of 63

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks again for your patience.  I'm just popping back on to confirm that the fix was applied last night.  Well spotted @barnpiece  :smileyhappy:

You guys should be able to change your settings now using the online portal and they'll be reflected correctly.  If anyone is still having this problem post back and we will look into it for you from here.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 59 of 63

Go to solution

Hi All,

I can confirm that my settings are showing correctly with 28 calls sent to junk in the last 3 days.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 60 of 63

Go to solution

I can confirm all seems good now.  Averaging 13 calls per week over the last year.

RobJunks.JPG

0 Ratings