cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 21 of 63

Why does my Call Protect setting not stay on???

Go to solution

On the manage page I switch the personal and BT blacklists to "ON", but when I either switch pages and then look again via the "manage settings", it's gone back to "OFF". Same if I set it to "ON", exit MyBT and then login again!

Why oh why is it getting switched off, and why is it NOT remembering when I set it ON. Absolutely useless!

Also won't let me set a number to VIP, says it "can't access my account for some reason". Again, useless!

I'll try again in a few hours, but this has been going on for ages!

Rob.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 22 of 63

Re: Why does my Call Protect setting not stay on???

Go to solution

@RobFletcher wrote:

On the manage page I switch the personal and BT blacklists to "ON", but when I either switch pages and then look again via the "manage settings", it's gone back to "OFF". Same if I set it to "ON", exit MyBT and then login again!

Why oh why is it getting switched off, and why is it NOT remembering when I set it ON. Absolutely useless!

Also won't let me set a number to VIP, says it "can't access my account for some reason". Again, useless!

I'll try again in a few hours, but this has been going on for ages!

Rob.

This problem has been reported.

You will find that your settings are retained, regardless of personal and blacklist showing as OFF.

As for vip Settings, do you meet the requirements to make those settings available?

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 23 of 63

Go to solution

Ok. Thanks for the blacklist info.

What do you mean by meeting the requirements? I pay £3.50 per month for the service.

I either do it from the view calls list or directly in the Manage VIP and get this message

Some internal error occured

"So Sorry, something's gone wrong and we can't access your account. Please try again later

thing's gone wrong and we can't access your account. Please try again later."

Rob

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 24 of 63

Go to solution

@RobFletcher wrote:

Ok. Thanks for the blacklist info.

What do you mean by meeting the requirements? I pay £3.50 per month for the service.

I either do it from the view calls list or directly in the Manage VIP and get this message

Some internal error occured

"So Sorry, something's gone wrong and we can't access your account. Please try again later

thing's gone wrong and we can't access your account. Please try again later."

Rob

There are a few problems at the moment, which are being fixed.

Give it some time.....Trying to access your account through MyBt is a good indication. 

Then if you can’t access “settings”, then there’s a problem.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 25 of 63

Go to solution

OK thanks. Just tried again and it still errors with the same message. Will try again later today.

Have now reached 814 calls gone to junk mail! Do I get a prize when it gets to 1000???

Rob.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 26 of 63

Go to solution

@RobFletcherwrote:

OK thanks. Just tried again and it still errors with the same message. Will try again later today.

Have now reached 814 calls gone to junk mail! Do I get a prize when it gets to 1000???

Rob.

If BT maintains its advertising philosophy, it might be any car of your choice but it will be in BT's colours with its logo on.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 27 of 63

Go to solution

oooooohhh . yes please!!!!!!!!! I'll have the car with the BT logo - I can aways get it resprayed!

The VIP settings now appear to be working again. I can now set a call to be in the VIP list and it remembers it now and does not give an error message.

The issue with the blaclist settings is still not resolved and they still always say "OFF" even when you change them.

Any ideas when this wil lbe fixed so we can have the certain knowledge that calls on each blacklist will be sent to voicemail?

Thanks

Rob.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 28 of 63

Go to solution

There’s no news at the moment, but you can rest assured that calls, as selected, are still going to junk.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 29 of 63

Go to solution

Ok Thanks. I have actually set my DND to 24/7 and only allow the VIP list through. When a number comes up which should not have been blocked, call them, say sorry, and add it to the VIP list.

I use the blacklist to help see which scam calls turn up regularly 😉 - no more than that as it's pretty much redundant now. 

Rob.

0 Ratings
Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 63

Re: Is my Call Protect Working ok?

Go to solution

Hello

I have excatly the same problem!

It would appear that it is a glitch in the BT web page.

I contacted "Live Chat" twice.

Firstly the "Technician" created a new order for my Call Protect effectively wiping out my 90 saved blacklist.

Secondly the "Technician" gave me a Link on how to use Call Protect.

In both cases the Help Line support staff were totally unaware that it was a problem within BT software.

These people do not appear to receive sufficient training to do the job - a case once again BT doing things on the cheap !!

0 Ratings