Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 41 of 81

Re: BT Call Protect keeps switching off the Personal Blacklist

Go to solution

Sorry but this is a "me too" posting.

I've repeatedly turned on both my Personal Blacklist and the BT Blacklist options on the manage screen to no avail. Judging by the number of nuisance calls I've had this morning I'm no longer getting the level of protection I've been having.

This needs to be sorted asap but there seems to be no mechanism for contacting BT directly to report it!

--
K W Starling
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 42 of 81

Go to solution

Same here - it gets switched off over and over and you don't know until calls come through again!

Rob

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 43 of 81

Go to solution

Update: Another morning of cold calls including some from international numbers. My Call Protect Management web page is still showing both blacklists status as set of OFF and all three Management Settings as STOP, which ought to block international calls.

I used the BT chatline at lunchtime to report my disatisfaction with this and after a protracted chat with an advisor, he said he'd now turned on both blacklists and asked me to verify. There was no change showing on my own account when I logged back on so I suggested the call protection system web page was faulty, considering the cold calls we are now getting. He logged it as a fault and I received an email confirmation of this that gave my fault tracking number.

When I accessed my account to track this fault it shows as "Cannot make or receive calls from this landline".  I then phoned BT to report this and the advisor I spoke with claimed he had to phone me back on my landline in order to check my phone was working. I received another cold call 20 minutes or so afterwards when the caller hung up and I've had no calls since and the phone is working perfectly so what are customer support doing?

I've now been asked to complete a survey and have managed to contain my rage enough to refrain from profanity! This is simply appalling service. I've been with various BB/landline services over the years and never encountered such poor customer service as this. I am now considering unplugging my landline phone as BT aren't going to phone back. 

--
K W Starling
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 81

Go to solution

I've got this same problem as well. As soon as i leave the page after turning settings on i then go back to find they are off again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 81

Go to solution

Just to add i use a Macbook Pro and i also tried on an iphone but same result. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 81

Go to solution

Okay so i just tested it by adding a number to my blacklist then tried to phone from that number and i was sent to junkmail. So it seems that even though it says off in settings it is actually working and blocking blacklisted numbers. I probably should have tried that in the first place but that's typical me sometimes lol.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 47 of 81

Go to solution

It's a fault with the webpages. I have been told that if you switch the settings to ON, then even thogh the page says OFF, the item is ON. The best way, I was told, was to set things using the 1572 service call - at least you can verify your settings that way - (unless you are me as the phone I look after is 250 miles away, and of course, cannot do 1572!!!).

Another thing is that if you add a new blacklist number, and your blacklist setting is not on, the system prompts you to "Turn on" the blacklist! So, hopefully, if you switch on this way, i stays on. However, again, I have had numerous ocassions when adding a new number to the blacklist when I have been told the blacklist needs to be turned on. Sigh ... you just don't know what to believe. Anyway, the blacklist soon becomes irrelevant once you hit 100 numbers as the scammers change the numbers every time now, so numbers rarely come up again.

Rob.

Rob.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 81

Go to solution

@kw_starlingwrote:

Sorry but this is a "me too" posting.

I've repeatedly turned on both my Personal Blacklist and the BT Blacklist options on the manage screen to no avail. Judging by the number of nuisance calls I've had this morning I'm no longer getting the level of protection I've been having.

This needs to be sorted asap but there seems to be no mechanism for contacting BT directly to report it!

If you read back through this topic you will see that it is just a website error.  If you set them to on then they will stay on.  Do a test by ringing your home phone from a withheld number

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 81

Go to solution

Hello

I have written to  BT Customer Services in Durham.

The Live Chat support "Technicians" reinstalled my Call Protect by creating a new order - in so doing wiped out my entire Black List.

Secondlty, I was sent a Link on  "... how to use Call Protect"

Usual chat support undertrained, if trained at all.

BT not reaally interested in customer service they just want your direct debit instruction.

Bringing back support to UK would help of course.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 81

Go to solution

@Grumpyfellawrote:

Hello

Bringing back support to UK would help of course.

Just in case you were not aware, if you are a BT Plus customer you are guaranteed UK support, viz :- https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/broadband/what-is-bt-plus-fibre-broadband-mobile-explainer...

0 Ratings