cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffw
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Call Protect still blocking Australian VIP number

I have a post “BT Call Protect - Unrecognised numbers Setting” which is marked as “Solved” as I was told the problem would be solved in a few weeks.  However, the problem has not been solved as my 89 year old sister in Australia still cannot phone me if I have the Unrecognised numbers Setting, set to Stop.  She is forced to leave a message in 1572.

I have her number as one of my VIP numbers.  If I Allow Unrecognised numbers she can phone me and BT Call Protect and my phone system show the correct number.  Why can BT Call Protect recognise her number under these circumstances but not if Unrecognised numbers is set to Stop?

With BT Call Protect set to Allow Unrecognised numbers, I am receiving several nuisance calls each day, which defeats the whole purpose of  BT Call Protect!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Call Protect still blocking Australian VIP number

@jeffw wrote:

I have a post “BT Call Protect - Unrecognised numbers Setting” which is marked as “Solved” as I was told the problem would be solved in a few weeks.  However, the problem has not been solved as my 89 year old sister in Australia still cannot phone me if I have the Unrecognised numbers Setting, set to Stop.  She is forced to leave a message in 1572.

I have her number as one of my VIP numbers.  If I Allow Unrecognised numbers she can phone me and BT Call Protect and my phone system show the correct number.  Why can BT Call Protect recognise her number under these circumstances but not if Unrecognised numbers is set to Stop?

With BT Call Protect set to Allow Unrecognised numbers, I am receiving several nuisance calls each day, which defeats the whole purpose of  BT Call Protect!!

Did you receive a response or solution from the Request for Mod help.

I noticed that you replied to them.

There may be a fundamental weakness in the Call Protect system.

If you make a caller number as vip then that should create an exception to the rule of blacklisting unrecognised  numbers.

The real problem though, is why that number is unrecognised by BT.

The system does however work reasonably well as more and more rogue callers are added to the blacklist both by self and BT.

0 Ratings
jeffw
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Call Protect still blocking Australian VIP number

Yes. I exchanged emails with a Mod and sent various data that was requested.

0 Ratings