Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

@john46 wrote:
Keith all withhelds are blocked

So its not that smart then. It will be fine if BT Retail and other providers insist that hospitals, doctors and some other services, do not block their number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 301

They get the same announcement as you do with anonymous caller reject to redial using a viewable number

you do have the option to turn off withelds being rejected if you wish if you wish
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 301

@john46 wrote:
They get the same announcement as you do with anonymous caller reject to redial using a viewable number

you do have the option to turn off withelds being rejected if you wish if you wish

That seems a sensible approach, as when I had ACR, people simply called back using a mobile when they got that message. That would stop most phone spam from call centres.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 301

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@john46 wrote:
Keith all withhelds are blocked

So its not that smart then. It will be fine if BT Retail and other providers insist that hospitals, doctors and some other services, do not block their number.

Interesting point.

I took this up with the supplier or my own calll blocking device.

They told me to give hospitals, surgeries, etc, my number with the.prefix that unblocks their number with their service.

Some hope!!

There's also the issue with voip, unavailable callers. Easy to block overseas out of area callers, if you warn genuine calllers using Skype.

However, the BT service looks promising, with a little more, or the same efffort from both BT and user.

The weakness seems to be blocking individual withheld numbers, which are available to trace at the BT end.

0 Ratings
python
Contributor
Message 15 of 301

Bt are pushing this as a free service, which it is not, unless you already pay the monthly fee for Caller Display, Call Minder etc.

I only have Caller Display so I would not get the full service, not sure it is worth the extra pay for addons.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
leny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 301

Signed up today, hope it is more than just a PR exercise by BT. 

The cynic in me feels they have a nice sideline in selling call blocking phones etc, so won't want this to be too successful.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 301

sign up to BT privacy and caller display is free you dont need to sign up to call minder

You also do not need a call blocking phone just one that can use caller display
0 Ratings
WorriedParent
Contributor
Message 18 of 301

So BT Call Protect is the best thing since sliced bread and free as well, but how easy is it to turn it off once I've signed up for it?

None of the publicity addresses this issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 301

The day communication companies outwit spammers you'll see my avatar go past the window.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 20 of 301

@python wrote:

Bt are pushing this as a free service, which it is not, unless you already pay the monthly fee for Caller Display, Call Minder etc.

I only have Caller Display so I would not get the full service, not sure it is worth the extra pay for addons.

@python

You don't need caller display for Call Call protect to work, although it does give some additional VIP statuus.

Call PRotect is FREE at this moment in time but how long before BT charge once it has effect is anyone's guess.

0 Ratings