Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe12345678
Contributor
Message 1 of 31

BT Call Protect

Go to solution

We receive numerous spam calls from number with held callers ( Mainly Asia  and the Phillipines) on a regular basis looking at all the comments on the commuinty site BT Call Protect would be of no use to us as it cannot identify this type of call.

Am i correct?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: BT Call Protect

Go to solution
it costs you nothing to try it works well for me spam calls now zero
0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution
It will work fine against "number withheld" calls. You can set it up to block those, though you may also block calls from switchboards e.g doctor, hospital, school as many of these appear as "number withheld"

It's the spoofed number ones it can't block
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Those are the majority of calls I get these days.

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

It's interesting. The pattern we see is:

First call is 0**** ***** randon 10 digit geographiclal number. If I drop the call or let the answerphone connect, it immediately rings back with another random 10 digit geographical number. Drop that one and it rings again immediately with a "number unavailable" call. I imagine it's an automated system. A human should have realised that they're not going to connect to anyone who's going to buy anything.

We're ex-directory, registerd with TPS and now have Caller Protect. All to no avail;. The problem is that the previous occupant seems to have answred every spam call available, and the number is on a zillion databases even though she moved out 6 years ago. 

0 Ratings
Joe12345678
Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks i will give it a try.

0 Ratings
Joe12345678
Contributor
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks i will see if this reduces thses calls. What i have been doing is just letting the phone ring and later do 1471 as soon as i hear callers number withheld or i do not regognize the number i delete them all.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

@Phil_Wales wrote:
 though you may also block calls from switchboards e.g doctor, hospital, school as many of these appear as "number withheld"

I do not think this is correct unless you as the account holder add the number manually to the blocked list.

Please advise if I'm incorrect

0 Ratings
Joe12345678
Contributor
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks for your advice.

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution
there's a a switch in the online control panel you can set to block *all "withheld" numbers.
0 Ratings