cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB2016
Aspiring Contributor
902 Views
Message 211 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

Noted another unusual silent call where 1471 gave the response "We do not have the caller's number..."    The online list of recently received calls did show the call with a number (prefix 0203) which proved to be a false number (a call-back returned number unobtainable).  The number is listed on one nuisance call website.    

 
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
840 Views
Message 212 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

I reached a new high in the last 30 days with 245 calls sent to my junk email.  That's 8 per day and, if the past is anything to go by, I bet most of them would have been at an inconvenient time as well.

 

Can anyone beat 245 ?

 

So, in my opinion, I think Call Protect is well worth while.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
830 Views
Message 213 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect


@pompey1898 wrote:

I reached a new high in the last 30 days with 245 calls sent to my junk email.  That's 8 per day and, if the past is anything to go by, I bet most of them would have been at an inconvenient time as well.

 

Can anyone beat 245 ?

 

So, in my opinion, I think Call Protect is well worth while.


It's been quiet here for the past two weeks. No calls sent to 1572.

This followed a comment made to the ICO on one particular troublesome caller. It's been so quiet that I sometimes had to phone from the mobile to check if the line is working.

 

However, yesterday there were two nuisance callers from "BT Asian Branch",Smiley Indifferent both of which have been blacklisted.

Highlighted
bdzpete
Aspiring Contributor
788 Views
Message 214 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

I think you will find that 245 is not the number of nuisance calls diverted to your junk mail in the last 30 days (as stated in the text bubble when you hover your mouse just right of the 245).  I'm fairly sure it's the number of such calls since you signed up for Call Protect.

 

Why do I say that?  

a) within Call Protect, displaying my own received calls every few days for a month, shows that I get 60 calls maximum per month.  That's valid + Withheld + Unrecognised.  But my "30 days nuisance call total" is currently 241.  That's not logical.

b) that number only ever increases.  If it was a rolling 30-day figure it would go up and down as older calls dropped out of the count.  Does your displayed count ever go down? 

 

I tried to report this yesterday to BT, but they don't appear to have a mechanism to feed back webpage faults to the webpage developers.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
767 Views
Message 215 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect


@bdzpete wrote:

I think you will find that 245 is not the number of nuisance calls diverted to your junk mail in the last 30 days (as stated in the text bubble when you hover your mouse just right of the 245).  I'm fairly sure it's the number of such calls since you signed up for Call Protect.

 

Why do I say that?  

a) within Call Protect, displaying my own received calls every few days for a month, shows that I get 60 calls maximum per month.  That's valid + Withheld + Unrecognised.  But my "30 days nuisance call total" is currently 241.  That's not logical.

b) that number only ever increases.  If it was a rolling 30-day figure it would go up and down as older calls dropped out of the count.  Does your displayed count ever go down? 

 

I tried to report this yesterday to BT, but they don't appear to have a mechanism to feed back webpage faults to the webpage developers.


Hi @bdzpete,

 

I am inclined to agree with you as I had the same thoughts.  However, and perhaps foolishly, I took BT at their words what it was in the last 30 days. 

What your exercise does not take account of though is the number of calls sent to your junk voicemail as you had previously blacklisted them ?

0 Ratings
elsanelson
Beginner
705 Views
Message 216 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

Hi bdzpete

 

just about your last sentence.  I have tried to find how to report anything about Call Protect.  I had one of my nuisance calls skipped in the Recently received list, and the chat agent was completely ignorant of the Manage Call Protect pages and got very shirty that my handset must be at fault.

 

Do you have a better way of reporting?

 

Thanks,

Elsa

0 Ratings
bdzpete
Aspiring Contributor
686 Views
Message 217 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

Hi Elsa,

 

I have found no effective way of reporting technical faults relating to a webpage on the BT website.  That's what's so frustrating.  Like other contributors to this forum I have found that the mindset of BT help desk personnel is focussed purely on solving (or at least finding a workaround for) problems relating to making and receiving calls.  While I accept that this should be their priority (after all it's the reason BT is in business), if they don't understand a non call-related issue they should be able to refer it to someone who does.

0 Ratings
anna72
Beginner
497 Views
Message 218 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

Can you tell me if calls that are sent to junk by BT call protect show in the list of received calls.  If not, how do you view them?

Thanks

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
481 Views
Message 219 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

They do not show up on the received calls list (neither do calls from numbers you have blacklisted).

 

To check for junk messages I think you have to dial 1572 and follow prompt to junk mailbox.

 

I have never got a message from a call sent to junk mail.

It has always been empty even though calls are being sent to junk. I guess no-one ever leaves a message!

 

 

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
449 Views
Message 220 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect


@anna72 wrote:

Can you tell me if calls that are sent to junk by BT call protect show in the list of received calls.  If not, how do you view them?

Thanks


Calls sent to your junk voicemail, for whatever reason, are by defiinition not received so will not appear on your received list.

0 Ratings