Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnpiece
Expert
Message 91 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

It doesn't get rid of International scam calls or ones from 01340 numbers

(which have been known about for a long time).

Still need my BT Call Guardian phone which deals with them very well.

Richard

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 92 of 301

well, I was scepticla of this. I reckoned it'd not cope woith spoofed number calls.

The first week, it didn't make any difference. After about 10 days the clals dropped from 2 or 3 a day to one a day, then one every 2 days, and after about 2 weeks  - none.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 93 of 301

@Phil_Wales wrote:

well, I was scepticla of this. I reckoned it'd not cope woith spoofed number calls.

The first week, it didn't make any difference. After about 10 days the clals dropped from 2 or 3 a day to one a day, then one every 2 days, and after about 2 weeks  - none.

@Phil_Wales

So it has made an improvement for you.  It has for me too.  As you posted way back on this thread it is never going to deal with the 10 digit spoofed numbers (maybe BT will find a way of dealing with thses in time?) and these are the only calls getting through.  I still get one about every other day with the same recorded message.

44 withheld or unrecognised calls (the website does not split them) have been sent to my junk voicemail.  Needless to say there have been no messages left apart from two where people where chatting among themselves.

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 94 of 301

@pompey1898 wrote:

As you posted way back on this thread it is never going to deal with the 10 digit spoofed numbers (maybe BT will find a way of dealing with thses in time?) and these are the only calls getting through. 

These are the very ones that have stopped. They were about the ony ones we still got. I did indeed not expect them to be addressed, but either Call Protect has stopped them or BT is tackling the issue at root.

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 95 of 301

I added 12 calls to ny junk mail list nyself; BT has diverted only 7 more to my junk mail box. It looks to me as if they are being blocked elsewhere -  or have moved on and given up with me. If there were only 2 or 3 companies behind these clals then maybe 7 blocked calls tells them it's waste of time

0 Ratings
jrawle
Contributor
Message 96 of 301

Quick question: Is it possible to have Call Protect without having the 1571 voicemail service for regular calls?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 97 of 301

@jrawle wrote:

Quick question: Is it possible to have Call Protect without having the 1571 voicemail service for regular calls?

Yes

biz777
Beginner
Message 98 of 301

BT Call Protect

I'm getting scam calls from 00555 but Call Protect does not allow me to add this strange number to the blacklist. When I dial 1471 I'm informed that the call was from 00555. So how do I blacklist it? Why does Call Protect fail to blacklist this number if it was recorded by 1471? Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
hangerbird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 99 of 301

Yeah not as great as it seems as there are those nuisance calls which have hundreds of different numbers and you can onloy block one at a time   Since having call protect I have more nuisance calls than ever and it is from the same "company" so far 21 blocked all from the same company but all with different numbers.         Fed up does not explain how I feel

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 100 of 301

@hangerbird,

As the experts have posted several times on here there is nothing that can be done (at the current time anyway) about these spoofed ten digit numbers.  There is therefore very little point in blacklisting them.