Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 71 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

@bingefeller wrote:

Hi guys, 

I just activated Call Protect and have one question - when people ring my house will they have to press # and say their name and then I will have to decide if I want to accept the call or not?

@bingefeller

No, that is something that can be set on BT8600 & variants.

0 Ratings
bingefeller
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 301

Thanks @pompey1898
0 Ratings
bingefeller
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 301

On the Call Protect how do I let hospital / police / doctors etc phone calls through? Do I allow Withheld Numbers or Unrecognised Numbers?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 74 of 301

You would need to allow withheld numbers.

0 Ratings
bingefeller
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 301

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe
0 Ratings
bh8er
Contributor
Message 76 of 301

The add to VIP List button is greyed out for every number. How is one expected to add a number to my VIP List?

0 Ratings
JB2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 301

Of the many automated calls received by me in the past few months, nearly all have offered free boiler replacement.  I have responded to two previous calls, each time telling the caller that I did not qualify for funding.  Although the name of the originating company changes, the west of Scotland accent of the callers leads me to suspect then same organisation is involved. 

After my post on 25 January I responded to yet another automated call offering free boiler replacement.  I selected the option of speaking to an adviser.  This time they identified themselves as the Eco Funding Centre.  I told them I was in receipt of pension credit, and I gave a false name and non-existent street number.  I was then told that I would be called back to arrange an assessor’s visit.  The same morning I received a number of calls from a mobile number, which I did not answer.  The same mobile called the next day, followed by another call from a different mobile.  The caller left a message on my own answering machine identifying himself as being from the Eco Funding Centre asking me to call him back, which I did not do.  Since then I have had no more telemarketing calls.  Either (a) the offender has realised that I am wasting their time and they have deleted my number, or (b) BT are identifying the 10-digit false CLIs in the network, or (c) I’m having a lucky break.

On the assumption that the Community Manager and /or Moderator have some connection with BT, I repeat my previous questions, together with another query:

1. Can BT’s system identify and block calls with false CLIs in the network?
  2. If a customer blacklists a false 10-digit number, will a call be blocked from a genuine number consisting of the same 10 digits plus one digit?
  3. BT Call Protect offers the option of blocking numbers that are "unrecognised", described as “numbers that cannot be identified”  What exactly constitutes an "unrecognised" number?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 78 of 301

@JB2016,

Since activating Call Protect the only unwanted calls I have recieved are 3 also from someone offering free boiler replacement.

I have bloked them and have not received any since last Friday.

@SeanD,

Is it OK to post the 3 numbers please ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 79 of 301

@pompey1898 wrote:

@JB2016,

Since activating Call Protect the only unwanted calls I have recieved are 3 also from someone offering free boiler replacement.

@SeanD,

Don't want to interfere. But would be very interested to see replies to your question.

A brief reference to the area code may help. You may be encouraging the caller to change his/her number yet again....as is happening with ppi callers.

There are also independent websites to check for caller patterns, and the ofcom website.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 80 of 301

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@pompey1898 wrote:

@JB2016,

@SeanD,

@Ribblelancs

Don't want to interfere. No problem. But would be very interested to see replies to your question.

A brief reference to the area code may help. You may be encouraging the caller to change his/her number yet again....as is happening with ppi callers. Not sure what you mean by that ?

There are also independent websites to check for caller patterns what are they, and the ofcom website I will take a look.

0 Ratings