cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew221
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Call Protest and blacklisted number limit!

Still waiting for BT to answer my question

Personal blacklist has reached 100.  Need this to be extended.  100 blacklist numbers are not enough.

Others have asked same question with NO answer.

Come on BT get this sorted and answer us

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
PaddyB
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Call Protest and blacklisted number limit!

Hi @Andrew221,

Thank you for you post and your feedback. The Personal Blacklist is limited to a 100 number. I'm not aware of any plans to increase this at the moment.

If you try to add a number to the Personal Blacklist and it is full, you’ll get the option to hear the 5 numbers which are least affective. You can select and delete those before adding a new number.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Andrew221
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I Think BT needs to have plans to increase this amount of 100. I have received many other comments from people in the same situation. Why should we have to delete numbers that we wish to blacklist?
BT Call Protect is working, so why restrict it? when there is obviously a need, otherwise why has BT done it in the first place?
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@Andrew221wrote:
I Think BT needs to have plans to increase this amount of 100. I have received many other comments from people in the same situation. Why should we have to delete numbers that we wish to blacklist?
BT Call Protect is working, so why restrict it? when there is obviously a need, otherwise why has BT done it in the first place?

Hi.

The problem as I see it, is that this has not been thought through properly. Much the same way that people can supposedly block "known" email addresses to prevent spammers emailing them - that will never work as spammers don't use their own email addresses (or indeed phone numbers). So any blocklist will eventually fail, limit increased or not.

The other options (like international) are very useful, as long as the call has an international flag setting. Withheld call blocking does have some appeal, but many users have this set - so calling a friend with that option set results in them going to a voicemail unless they release their number before calling (dial 1470 before the call).

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I could be wrong, but I very much suspect if you delete all the numbers you have blacklisted you won't receive any further calls from them. They would have been used as 'one shot' only.

0 Ratings
Andrew221
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

It would be good to think so, but it does not happen, when you receive another call from a blacklisted number it is identified with by black dot and is blocked. The only thing we can think is to increase the 100 limit, so it can carry on.
0 Ratings
elljayemm
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Further to this debate , I would like to know what strategies BT are employing to prevent scammers  from hi-jacking legitimate BT numbers , belonging to innocent customers, and piggybacking on them to make scamming cold calls.

i would also like to know if BT employ people to monitor numbers which are reported on websites like whocalledme.uk and why it is BT don't have their own, well advertised, reporting forum where details of common scams and numbers can be shared and acted upon.

0 Ratings
Andrew221
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Seems a good idea to me, perhaps someone should just start their own and list all scam numbers

0 Ratings