cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ickle1999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Cordless phone with either headset or bluetooth connection

You would think this is quite a simple question...

I am after a BT Cordless phone with either headset socket or bluetooth connection to use with a headset?

I have been searching the Internet and scouring the product pages to try and find a good product description but i cannot find anything.

I would prefer one of the top end ones but beggars cant be choosers.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cordless phone with either headset or bluetooth connection

Found this fairly quickly in the BT Diverse 7110 user guide. There may be others.

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
ickle1999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your response. 

If possible i would like to get hold of a newer one as it appears that this one is discontinued.

Does anyone else know of any others?

Ickle

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chime
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

You can use a GAP compatible headset, such as this one,

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/plantronics-c565-gap-compatible-w-less-dect-headset-201827-02-9PN2.h...

with any GAP compatible phone. The BT8600 is one example. A friend uses a GAP headset with the previous model, the BT8500.

0 Ratings
ickle1999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks - that really interesting as I have never heard of GAP before. 

I have done some research (posted for information) but I am not sure if this will meet the requirement due to the transferring of calls etc.

DECT/GAP Wireless Headset. These work like an additional handset, and register to the phone’s base. You get excellent range but can’t make outgoing call without dialling out using a handset and then transferring the call to the headset, which can be an inconvenient workaround. These type of headsets are better suited for anyone who receives a high volume of inbound calls to cordless phone, as you can answer calls with the headset directly.

thanks for the post and I will do some more research on this one

Ickle

0 Ratings