cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calentor
Message 1 of 2

BT Decor 2600 - is Call Guardian compulsory ?

Go to solution

I'm trying to find a suitable replacement phone for my 80 year old Mum who lives in the UK - I'm in Australia.

I'm thinking of ordering the Decor 2600 for her, but I have a few questions, as the instructions seem to be very complex, and somewhat ambiguous.

Her current setup is a loudspeaker phone with big buttons, and a standalone BT digital answering machine. Both of these have pretty much had it, and the option of separate devices is no longer available as far as I can tell.

She also has BT Call Protect enabled on her line, so would have no use for the Call Guardian.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to use the phone 'normally' without Guardian ? i.e. the phone rings normally for a certain amount of time before the answering machine cuts in, and no permissions or lists are required for use?

2. Does the answering machine have it's own inbuilt message, or does she need to record her own?

3. Can she just use the phone and answering machine in a very basic configuration, without having to create call lists, and approve/deny each unknown caller ?

I'm trying to find a simple solution to a simple problem, but the phone features seem to be overkill for my mum, who is partially deaf, and has very poor sight.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Decor 2600 - is Call Guardian compulsory ?

Go to solution

Hi @Calentor   I have a BT Call Guardian phone (not a Decor 2600) so these are generic comments.

1. Is it possible to use the phone 'normally' without Guardian ? i.e. the phone rings normally for a certain amount of time before the answering machine cuts in, and no permissions or lists are required for use? - It is very easy to turn off Call Guardian.

2. Does the answering machine have it's own inbuilt message, or does she need to record her own? - There is always a default message. I would imagine most people (including me) use the default message.

3. Can she just use the phone and answering machine in a very basic configuration, without having to create call lists, and approve/deny each unknown caller ? - You can use it as a simple basic phone.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55409/~/bt-decor-2600-advanced-call-blocker