Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andyrew26919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Decor 2600

Go to solution

My phone will not register incoming call phone numbers. The message just says 'no number'!  But when I ring 1471 the call number is recorded there. Is this a landline connection issue or is the phone faulty?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Decor 2600

Go to solution

@Andyrew26919 

Do you have BT Caller Display enabled on your line?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Try dialling *234#, which turns it on if necessary

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Andyrew26919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi. Just tried dialling what you gave me. Got a reply that said 'this service is not available'!  Not much point trying to contact BT as they don't seem to make answering queries easy!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Andyrew26919,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

It sounds like Caller Display is not active on your account, has the service ever worked before?

Matt

0 Ratings
Andyrew26919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Matt. Yes, the service worked perfectly for all the time I have had the phone. My previous landline supplier was 'Plusnet' and  I never had any issues with it.  It's only since I have been with BT over a matter of weeks. So I'm not sure if it's a connection issue or the phone is not working as it should.

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Andyrew26919,

It sounds like the Caller Display service was not been added to your account as part of your order for service with BT.

Can you try and add the service and let me know how you get on?

Matt

0 Ratings
Andyrew26919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

You are a 'Star' Matt. I clicked on the link that you gave me and it looks like I didn't have 'caller display' in my

contract!  So I have gone through the process to have it added and will have to wait and see what happens. I would have thought that the attributes I had with my previous supplier would have automatically been transferred. But 'hey' you live and learn!  I will let you know what happens next!

Many Thanks.

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Glad I was able to help Andyrew26919.

Normally orders for calling features complete overnight so the service should start working tomorrow. Let us know if this fixes the issue 🙂

Matt

Andyrew26919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

'Success'!  Rang my own number this morning and the number was in my messages!

Really Grateful to KEITH-BEDDOE, imjolly and Matt-S for their help and information in the matter.

Best Regards

Andy