Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Digital Voice Service

Go to solution

Having recently been connected to the BT Full Fibre FTTP service, I was given the option to also connect to the BT Digital Voice service, which I accepted. I was given one new Digital Voice handset, and was told of the new features such as greater clarity of sound, and multi-call. After a few initial snags, all is now working well, and I am thinking of upgrading the other two older handsets in the house to match the new Digital Voice handset which I was given. However, strangely I cannot find an exact match to my new handset on the BT online store, or elsewhere online; neither am I able to find any detailed information online relating to the BT Digital Voice service, such as which exact handset specification I need to take full advantage of the service. Obviously BT are missing a trick here by introducing a new service, and then a) providing very little information online about it; and b) not being able to supply matching equipment to purchase.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Digital Voice Service

Go to solution

Hi @That_Frank 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find info online about the Digital Voice handsets.  You will need to call our FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

I know that with Digital Voice we currently offer two handsets.   There is the Advanced Digital Home Phone and the Essential Digital Home Phone which are £49.99 and £39.99 respectively.  We would recommend that you have the same handsets to ensure a consistent experience however it's entirely your choice and you can mix and match if that is what you wanted to do.  Our FTTP team on the number above will be able to give you further info.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@That_Frank 

Try the well known auction site as there are numerous offers there both basic and advanced

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply, which only proves my point: neither of the handsets you mention match the description nor price of any handsets currently available on the BT online shop. If you enter 'Advanced Digital Home Phone' in the keyword search box, it returns two items, neither of which is a handset; if you enter 'Essential Digital Home Phone', it returns nothing at all. Similarly, if you browse by handsets, nothing matches either of these descriptions, nor matches the Digital Voice handset which I was given when I joined the service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Reply to: imjolly on ‎24-09-2020 12h11

Thank you for your reply. I think you have missed my point - I have already looked on the usual online auction sites and elsewhere, but there is nothing which exactly matches the model of handset which I was given, which is what I want. If I were to go for a different handset, how do I know what features to look for as I can find no spec from BT for what is required to best take advantage of the Digital Voice service? I suspect a DECT phone is required, but is that sufficient, or does it need other features or specifications? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I'm interested to see that my original query has been flagged as 'Solved', although there has been no satisfactory answer to any of my points.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

sorry but both phones - advanced and essential are available on ebay  I cannot post link as against forum rules but try searching for BT ADVANCED DIGITAL PHONE WITH HD CALLING

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Reply to: imjolly on ‎24-09-2020 13h18

Many thanks for that. That's the first time I have seen the same phone as I have available for sale online. It looks like most are BT-supplied to customers (like me) who want to sell them on (unlike me). I don't understand why BT don't source these phones from their own online shop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@That_Frank 

that's only place I could find phone  I think if your replace advanced with essential you get the basic phone  But I agree looks like customers who have digital voice but have no intention of using the phones

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

This thread is 10 days old now but if you haven't found the handsets you want yet don't give up.

In the same situation as you (recently installed FTTP and Digital Voice) and wanting more handsets I had exactly the same problem in sourcing them.  They are not in the online shop and an email exchange with the shop elicited that they  knew nothing about them.

After best part of an hour being transferred from one customer service representative to another (all of them very polite and trying to help but all unable to find out how to source handsets for Digital Voice) I was eventually transferred to a sales rep who found what I wanted.  I bought a quadpack of advanced digital home phones for £109.  They arrived the next day!  Excellent service once I found someone who knew about them.

So they are available but it seems that not many BT staff are aware of them.  If you follow RobbieMac's advice and contact the FTTP team you will, I hope, find someone who knows about them sooner than I did!

0 Ratings