cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eruptron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

BT Does anyone care??? I would say not!!

BT a company in complete disarray.

I ordered my home move 3rd of December. Earliest possible connection date 17th December selected. 

No further info from BT to say there was a problem.

my wife waited in till 3.30 and no one from BT showed up I phoned at approx 3.30 and put on hold at which time i got a text thinking that it was a coicidence and things were moving I terminated the call and read the text. This is the start of all the misery. The text said the the conection was now processed at the house we were leaving!! REALLY. I phoned again was told I would be phoned back because I was on my mobile I wasn't phoned back.

I then phoned again after 5pm after initial contact and waiting I was indeed phoned back by Raghav  who explaind there had feen a failure on BT's side. we can now connect  you on 8th January but this is completely unacceptable I will PERSONALLY make sure you are connected before Christmas. Your phone line will be connected on the 19th and your broadband at the latest will be Christmas eve. Well the 19th came and went. not even a call to say this was happening.

More calls Ram,Dubanjan,gail ,Derek Rafiq,Revi  more people at BT who try to sort things out, I now go int anaphelactic shock if I hear the word expadite. It's my opinion that BT had no intention of  connecting me before the 8th of Jan. I'm sure all these calls can be listened to for verification.

I even spoke to a Derek who told me I'd be phoned back tomorrow which I wasn't. I told him we were sent another home hub 5 when we had one. He gave me some guff about it being updated and we needed it for home installation . When we opened it up it was the same as the excisting. What a waste of resource.

I then contacted your online chat  Gail because I was getting sick of contacting BT and getting contracditory info from BT about when where if an engineer was coming or not I was told there was line faults on two seperate occasions which was then contradicted by the next  person I spoke too. Just seems to be a stock answer when your stuck and have to no other answers to what's going on. Gail then told us that we would then be connected on the 14th and an engineer would come out on the 8th. I then asked her to confirm that an engineer would call. Which she did.

We also go an email confirming an engineer would come between 8am and 1pm on the 8th of January He never showed at this point. His no show was the only thing that didn’t surprise us.

We finally got phone line services on the 7th a day not even mentioned by BT

In this period of time we have been left over Christmas and New year in a new house with no mobile coverage we have had to travel to get wifi to do and change of addresses etc which is less than idea.

I have been paying for subscriptions live Xbox gold that I cannot use,

We have not been able to contact here family in the USA for a month

Our mother has had a knee op and the had to go back to hospital with suspected DVT we have no contact at this point

My wife's uncle was taken ill and passed away. Difficult to be in funeral arrangements when no one can contact.

A family friend also passed away in this period sadly and unexpectedly My wife didn't find out until a few days before his funeral which was the 8th of January The day your enginner was coming in the morning his funeral was in the afternoon

To put the Iceing on the cake BT made my wife late for his funeral. YES you are personally responsable for making someone late for a funeral.

We have been in contact with Ryan the complains chap he has given us the statutory compensation and an aditional amount that in my opinion is not enough My wife Has lost a day and a half waiting around for engineers that you never scheduled I have spent about 4 hours phoning you on my mobile He doesn't seem to account for the distress caused by not being without the communications over the festive period and making my wife late for a funeral which I think is disgusting. He quotes dates that at incorrect so I really dont think he has even reviewed this case correctly as he can't even get dates right. He also say's that our broadband was always scheduled for connection on the 8th of January a fact that BT have not informed us about when we selected the 17th of December as our connection date. I select house move for services I expect to have those services that I pay for connected on this date if that is what BT say and if they can't supply those services you's have conntected me to make other arrangements rather than me chasing you up.

I have asked Ryan about these incorrect dates and for the email address of his superior to discuss this case further as he has been very quick from the off to fob me off to the ombudsman in my opinion. I have not heard any more from Ryan!!

I could double the time detailng this farce but won't waste anymore time on an uncaring, disorganised company who won't compensate people to a acceptable level for the mess that that only BT has created. The stresses of not having service provided over Christmas New Year and other important times of our lives. 

I really don't want to progress this to the ombudsman because I think BT should do the honourable thing and sort this out in an acceptable manner that reflects the gravity of the BT fail.

I hope you could assist in this matter otherwise I will go to the Ombudsman which I'm not really happy about doing.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Does anyone care??? I would say not!!

Hi eruptron,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  I'm really sorry about the delay getting your service connected and for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family in what was a already stressful time.

If you have been referred to the Ombudsman by the complaints team it sounds like you have reached a position of deadlock if this is the case the only option available to you if you are not happy with the amount of compensation offered is to contact the Ombudsman services and they will review BT's decision and make an impartial judgement.

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
eruptron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for the reply 

I find it extremely dificult to accept the fact that Mr Knox will not give me a an email to his supervisor as this should be delt with internally by BT rather than just chucking a couple of quid at me and hoping I'll go away then just ignoring me. This seems to be the case in my experience that BT and the fact that your ignoring in your compensation package/conversations the fact that you even made my wife late for a funeral is terrible. 

You value my wifes time at £10 for the the missed visit of you engineer but you would charge me in the region of £199 if it was the other way round is ludicrious.

To me it just feels like BT doesn't care your on a 18 contract you can't get out of  we can tell you what you want when we want and treat you with complete deisrespect your service is now working so what are you moaning about.

You may feel that Mr Knox has delt with this but please tell me how someone can deal with a case that quotes dates that are well off the mark especially about the phone conection date which he said in his email was 31 December but was in fact the 7th of January. How can he make a proper compensation case based on the worng information? I would like the answer to that.

Your compenstion package works out at £6.85 per hour that you've wasted of our time that's without any compensation for the stress and inconvienence.

Mr Knox hasn't even given the respect of ringing to discuse this in person after the missed call that I originally had from him when I was a work and couldn't answer. You'd think when someone had such a negative opinion of BT and had had such low customer service on the occasions they've had to deal with you a courtesy call would be a must. He was happy to put his number on the last email so I can contact him! but he won't even speak to me in person OR email me back when I point out his info is incorrect. 

I'm coming to expect this as the norm from BT and am glad I'm not an employee as I would find having to deal with such incompetance embaressing but it seem to just be the norm and accepted.

I'm not asking for the moon on a stick when it comes to compensation. A small bunch of flowers to say sorry to my wife for making her late for a funeral. If Mr Knox had even asked what compensation I wanted then maybe he would have found me to be reasonable considering what you've done and the position you've left us in for a month.

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

Exactly how much money do you feel would be an acceptable amount?
0 Ratings
eruptron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Well I'd be interested to see what you thought was an aceptable amount please tell me what you would think is reasonable and then I'll tell you the thinking in my head. Maybe I'm being unreasonable so I'd be interested to se what another impartial person thought. 

Considering the massive fail over the festive period and making my wife late for a funeral it's difficult to put into a ££'s figure. It would have been nice for my wife to have recieved some flowers as way of apology  for what they have done.

The thing is that I have been back in England and chose BT as I'd always had good service from them. Now it seems that it's great as long as it's working but if you need to contact them it turns into a nightmare and certainly doesn't look like it's going to improve any time soon.

I look forward to you feedback cheers for the reply.

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Personally I've never asked for Compensation for anything, not interested..... Even after I was rear ended one day by a kid taking his mums car for a spin I never claimed compensation off the insurance, just for the repairs to my car, not many people would do that....

0 Ratings
eruptron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Cheers most helpfull BT must love you. So you'd be quite happy to be treated in such a shoddy manner and walk away with an OH WELL?

Oh and it was of course BT that instigated a compensation payment so if that's what your going to do make sure it is at the level of your failings.

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

So how much did you want, the cost of a bunch of flowers?
0 Ratings
woodworm001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Surely if BT would charge you £130 for a missed callout (I think?) then it's only fair that is what they should pay you if they don't turn up?

Their time isn't worth more than mine.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

BT will only give you £10 for a missed appointment. For a fault they will give you back any rental you have paid if the fault has not been repaired at the end of the 3rd day without service. They do not pay out compensation.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings