cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abzmike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Does anyone care??? I would say not!!

That is the problem - There is no penalty on BT for not providing service - If an issue is too hard to fix, or Openreach just sit on it, then BT can just shrug and leave it open with no penalty - Meanwhile customers are left with no line or a fault, and no service.
This is not BT's fault by the way, it is the regulator and the way it is all set up - That is what needs to change.
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

Ofcom are finally investigating whether the imbalance between the missed appointment charge and missed appointment payment by BTO is fair.

Here's hoping they see sense and set them both at the same rate and require the same proof of actual visit. I would have thought a geo-tagged photograph of the property in a job tracking app on a smart device would not be beyond the capabilities of BTO..
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

If Openreach miss an appointment they actually pay the CP/ISP £60.......

BT pay you £10 so are therefore netting the other £50 for themselves.....
0 Ratings
eruptron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

No this is actually BT's fault because they are a company that just doesn't give a cr@p about it's customers and treats them with complete disdain!

It's not up to a regulator to make sure a company provides an honest service and treat it's customers respectfully. That in my veiw is directly the responsibility of said company.

0 Ratings
eruptron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

"So how much did you want, the cost of a bunch of flowers?"

Assuming BT have got my address then I would of thought it wouldn't be too difficult to send a bunch round to my wife with a note of apology as a genuine gesture for making someone late for a funeral and this is the direct result of BT's failing which you seem to really not get the grasp of. 

All BT want to do is fob you off to the onbusman rather than making a real meaningful apology that in someway reflects the inconvienence and stress they and their incompotence have caused.

I have even sent 2 more emails to MR knox which he has just ignored which refer to the fact that he can't even get the dates and times right about my case. Pretty much sums the whole BT experience up.

They haven't got a clue and don't care the worst company I have ever had to deal with and it's very sad because the service when it works is a good one you just have to pray that it doesn't because your up **** creek without a paddle if it goes wrong.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 17

You are absolutely right, but, in defence of BT Retail, or any other provider, because you would have exactly the same problem if you chose Sky or TT or whoever, the real problem here is the what the regulator wanted and the structure they imposed, supposedly to promote competition, and equality between the incumbent BT and competitors like Sky and TT , you use a company that uses a company , that uses sub contractors to provide service, and any problem may have three company's involvement before you the end user gets told what the problem is
OFCOM insisted BT was in effect split , the network managed by Openreach, but Openreach's customer is the service provider you chose, BT Retail in your case, not you, and they insist that any communication is between OR and BT , and between you and BT, not you and Openreach directly, plenty of opportunity for 'Chinese Whispers'
You would think they could set up a system where you get told by your provider what they get told by Openreach but your experience shows they cannot, so in essence you get OR knowing they have a problem, they won't attend, wether they don't communicate this to the provider, or the systems are no good, or the provider knows but fails to inform you, but the result is you wait in, and nobody shows,
perhaps if Openreach were allowed to contact you directly it would be better, but the regulator has decided that to do that would be uncompetitive ? , they only want you to talk to the provider, and the provider to talk to Openreach
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Hi everyone,

I have removed the last few posts on this thread as they were off topic and non constructive.  Please treat others with consideration.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings