cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feline-fan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT EDGE 1500 TWIN DIGITAL CORDLESS ANSWER PHONE - Additional Handset has no phone line with it?

Have received this new phone with additional handset and was surprised to see that the additional handset does not come with it's own phone line - only the answerphone / base has one - this is as per instructions, ie not missing from pack.

So my question is, how is the additional handset able to make/receive calls, if no phone line is conected to it? Does it somehow pick up a signal from the base, wirelessly?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT EDGE 1500 TWIN DIGITAL CORDLESS ANSWER PHONE - Additional Handset has no phone line with it?

@feline-fan wrote:

Does it somehow pick up a signal from the base, wirelessly?

Yes. You'll have to register the additional handset to the base (p43 of the user guide here: http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2167320/1321363229/redirect/1).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
feline-fan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT EDGE 1500 TWIN DIGITAL CORDLESS ANSWER PHONE - Additional Handset has no phone line with it?

Thanks for that PP

It says "If you have purchased a BT Edge 1500 multiple pack any additional handsets come pre-registered to the base" - so I'll assume my additional handset is already registered?  Will find out when they've both finished charging!

0 Ratings