Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wohdivad
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT FTTH service not recognised by other providers

Go to solution

I have a problem similar to kendoddalf in that when I try to compare fibre phone/broadband deals with BT (I have FTTH) comparison sites do not recognise my phone number or say "you do not have a compatible phone service (Plusnet)".  I am asked to agree to install a new phone line and accept a 1-3Mb broadband service when I am urrently achieving 50Mb.   I am not currently looking to move from BT but would like the opportunity to compare deals.  Why is my FTTH service not recognised by other providers? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT FTTH service not recognised by other providers

Go to solution

Presumably because you have fibre voice rather than a copper service, the number is a VOIP one.

Most ISPs don't offer an FTTH service so you may have difficulty moving.

0 Ratings
wohdivad
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

A newbee so many thanks for your advice - I now appreciate that my telephone service is VOIP and I hadn't  realised that I only have one choice of ISP.  Hopefully this will change before too long as Hobson's choice is not a good one!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You do have a choice of providers with Openreach FTTP , obviously BT Consumer are one, but there are others , a search will provide you with the names of the other service providers, but they tend to be niche providers that charge a little more than the 'stack em high and sell em cheap' brigade, in fact BT are probably the ' value' provider of those that do offer it.

Sky indicated a while ago that they intend to take OR FTTP and offer a retail product based on it ( much like they already do with FTTC) but no dates or prices yet....if you wondered why other mainstream providers don't offer FTTP , you would be something you would have to take it up with them

0 Ratings
wohdivad
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you, that makes it clear.
0 Ratings