cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Fibre/Call Guardian

I have converted to fibre broadband and therefore telephone line. The line is active but when I call home the phone does not ring although there is ringing heard on the phone I am calling from. I am told Call Guardian does not work with fibre. Will this be the reason for it not ringing? Do I need a new phone or can I just turn off Call guardian.

Tks

Colin

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Fibre/Call Guardian

Call guardian does work with fibre, my phones has it built in. You do need to have caller display active on the line and numbers you know and trust to be saved in the phones memory or all calls will get screened.

When you are ringing the landline are you getting the message “calls to this number are screened by bt call guardian”?

there is a number you can dial to have your number read back to you incase you have a crossed line but I have forgot now what it is. If you ring the mobile from the landline is the correct number shown on the mobile?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

It seems to be a problem with the fibre line then. I activated it this morning and it said I would be able to receive calls in 15 minutes - I was able to make calls. Howvere I rang my home number from my mobile and whilst the mobile rang had a ringing tone the home phone did not and call  minder never cut in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Ring 17070 and listen to the phone number to see if it yours, then press one for ring back and see if your phone rings

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

17070 doesn’t work on FTTP FVA.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Has the Engineer connected an NTE to the Fibre ONT or do you still have your phone connected to the old Copper Network?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 8

@Starwire2000wrote:
17070 doesn’t work on FTTP FVA.

As the OP did not state so, I did not realise the OP was on FTTP and had phone via fibre as well as broadband .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

I’m surprised they sold him FVA. You’d think given BT want to get rid of the old Copper Network they’d jump at the chance to make everyone getting FTTP to switch to FVA as well but they don’t.

They even put a Copper Pair on the new Overhead CBT Fibre Drop Cable???
0 Ratings