cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Guardian/True call blocking

Hi I have 2 BT corded handsets; 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs, 1 BT Decor 2600 with BT truecall blocking technology and the other handset BT big button without. BT Decor 2600 phone is downstairs, but if I ring the landline the phone downstairs rings but the upstairs phone  does not ring, but you can use it to make outgoing calls indepentantly. How can I resolve this issue

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Guardian/True call blocking

Welcome to this user forum @Ruthie176 

Who provides your phone service, ie who do you pay your line rental to?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

BT is the provider of of home phone & rental and has been for all the years a phone was installed back in 1960's to current although we have moved home 3 times

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Ruthie176 wrote:

Hi I have 2 BT corded handsets; 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs, 1 BT Decor 2600 with BT truecall blocking technology and the other handset BT big button without. BT Decor 2600 phone is downstairs, but if I ring the landline the phone downstairs rings but the upstairs phone  does not ring, but you can use it to make outgoing calls indepentantly. How can I resolve this issue

It could be a problem with you internal phone wiring, but the first thing to do would be to unplug the BT Decor 2600 and then see if the big button phone rings.

The BT Decor 2600 could be intercepting the call before the big button phone can start ringing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

I will try this but, the Big button phone used to be downstairs and was the main phone, but to stop nusience calls I purchased the BT Decor 2600. I am wondering because the big button phone does not have BT Guardian/True call technology is why it has stopped ringing? 

0 Ratings