cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Speedy1306
Message 2 of 9

BT Help Centre Hanging Up Phone on Customers

I have been hung up on 4 times this morning once while complaining about being hung up on. Is there no accountability? I asked for a way to identify a person and they gave me a first name which has never been useful in identifying the person. I asked how I could make a complaint without a name or identifier and they said they would make the complaint?? You're going to file a complaint against yourself??? Yet your ok with hanging up the phone?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Speedy1306
Message 1 of 9

Re: Continually apalling service from the awful call center

have spent hours on the phone. Been hung up on by customer services, lied to by BT saying they will arrive but not, causing financial loss to me (can name a few others like this). Whenever I speak to an Openreach engineer they say they are not busy - so why can't anyone get a line within a reasonable time in the Highlands? At least tell the truth. It has been 3 months almost, with numerous persons turning up to the house but still no connection (and there was a connection prior to moving here!!!) When you speak to customer services they have no idea who turned up to my house. I have young kids. Personally, everyone who has been lied to by BT suffered loss should sue. The impact on life and business in the Highlands is being damaged by BT's disservice. This is my second time moving in the Highlands and the same lies and lack of service. I will post the procedure for small claims court for anyone interested. Does anyone know of a facebook page for BT?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
20-20vision
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT Help Centre Hanging Up Phone on Customers

I have tried to ring them for the last three days they were open, never get through to anyone. They only take notice of Twitter these days, I suggest people complain there.

0 Ratings
Speedy1306
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. I have never used Twitter but now I have a reason to.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Re: Continually apalling service from the awful call center

Hi @Speedy1306 and thanks for posting.

I’m sorry you’ve had such a terrible experience. It unacceptable to have the call hung up on you, especially when you’re trying to make a complaint. I’m assuming this has to do with an order for a new line at your property? Is it a home move? I’m sure I can help you with it. If you can drop me over an email I’ll be happy to help. You’ll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jwalsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I just had the same! I spent two hours this am talking to BT who promised they were going to call me back with an update. That was at 8am. So after finally deciding to cancel my contract and spending another two hours talking to billing and then the faults team and then back to the billing team - the billing team just hung up on me as I was trying to explain that being charged for cancellation when BT have not provided me with regular broadband service since 5-11-2016 is just outrageous.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Jwalsh

have you requested an engineer visit
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

0 Ratings