Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shirley55
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Help Desk for Deaf people ?

Go to solution

Is anyone aware whether of not BT's help desks have text phones ?  It is nigh on impossible for me to hear the responses when I phone their help desk for help.  The accents combined with my severe hearing loss makes it impossible for me to understand what they are saying.  Even when asking them to speak more slowly and clearly, I am at a disadvantage.  When asking them to communicate with my by email and confirming what it is they are saying they tell me they cannot do this.  Please help ???

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Help Desk for Deaf people ?

Go to solution

You can use Live Chat

https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/

Pick the correct subject, and a live chat box should appear on the right side of the screen.

There is also a textphone number 18001 0800 800 150

RBG
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I thought I was the only person in the world feeling like this! Thank you for posting the question, pleased to meet you!!

I do not keep a phone plugged in these days, it's unbearable, but no-one seems to care! By the time you have tried to explain that you have hearing issues, they have lost interest! The rest of me (including my IQ) is perfectly fine! Do I need to raise funds for a special phone now?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @RBG  there is a new process called Next Generation Text (NGT) check it out as this may be a useful tool for you.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
RBG
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

This seems something of a convoluted method (AA have direct text phone, works great!).

When my broadband is down - couple of times recently, I am told to contact BT (via phone)! 

A dedicated text line (like AA's) would surely be more efficient and quicker?

Either way, there are those of us seriously in need of constructive, straightforward help. 

0 Ratings