cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Home move service is a disgrace and led me to report my case to the Watch Dog TV programme

I felt compelled to join the community and post after the frankly disgraceful service I have received from BT while they try and fail to transfer my services from my old property to my new one. I placed the order on the 2nd May, moved in on the 9th May and still have no service of any kind on the 25th May.

I’ve been continually fobbed off by members of their Indian call centre who tell me there is nothing they can do and they are waiting for an update from Openreach. I've had this message repeatedly read back to me every day for the last 7 days and am still none the wiser as to what the problem is and when it will be fixed. 

They've also told me that cancelling my contract will incur a fee of hundreds of pounds as I am tied in. So although they cannot provide a service or tell when it will be fixed, I am unable to go elsewhere. I have diarised the date I am free to leave and will be switching my services to Virgin on that date without fail.

I have also been recording all of the calls on my iPhone and have today forwarded them along with a full report of the issue, to the WatchDog TV programme. The Watch Dog researcher seemed very pleased to receive my voice logs and it seems they are already in the process of building a case against BT's home move service. A cursory search on these forums or Google reveals that I am by no means the only unhappy customer who's home move with BT has gone wrong.

This issue, and the way BT have dealt with it have completely changed my view of the company and they are not someone I would or could recommend ever again.

I am now counting the days to the date I am free to leave. Hopefully I may get a working phone line at some point before then.

ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home move service is a disgrace and led me to report my case to the Watch Dog TV programme

Hi Scotharris365,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’ve had problems with the home move. I can look into it for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details, you’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we can take it from there.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Home move service is a disgrace and led me to report my case to the Watch Dog TV programme

***UPDATE***

The line is still not working, despite BT insisting today that it is now working. To make matters worse, I discovered today that BT have given away my old number that they were supposed to be transferring across. Apparently Virgin now own the number and they cannot get it back. I find this inexplicable and think it demonstrates incompetence on a grand scale.

I am at a complete loss as to how and when this matter will be resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Did you contact David M as he asked ??
0 Ratings