cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Incompetence

My Mum had her landline cut off last Saturday through no fault of ours. Basically, someone with the same postcode ordered a package from bt and put my Mums address in on the postcode dropbox. BT then just cut her off! After spending 6 hours on the phone last weekend, I have got absolutely nowhere. My Mum is 85 years old and is a stroke victim. She often makes calls to the doctor and hospital, and had to call an ambulance on the week before we got cut off. It also works the other way, where the hospital calls her on a regular basis as she is on warrfin. She missed an urgent appointment this week as the hospital could not contact her to advise her to change her dose as her blood was to thin and putting her at risk of haemorrhage. I have explained all this to bt and have still got no landline. They apologise constantly and promise to call back and never do. I have spoken to supervisor after supervisor but get absolutely nowhere. I made an official complaint and got told it would be reviewed and then closed off by themselves. I have now contacted ofcom, who were horrified by bt's attitude and contacted them immediately, which they said they dont normally do, but due to the serios nature of the complaint they would do on this occassion. Really dont know where to go from here as bt just show complete comtempt and arrogance beyond belief! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Incompetence

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Tim10  welcome to the forum and sorry that your mum has lost her service through no fault of hers and that you are having difficulty getting her reconnected. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will be happy to help you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thank you John.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Tim10  thanks for sending over the details. I've checked and following your contact with Ofcom they have raised a case with the Executive Level Complaints team on your behalf. They will be in touch with you soon and manage the complaint through to resolution for you.

thanks
John 

0 Ratings