cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plewsandrew
Message 1 of 6

BT Just bumped my line install date by 3 weeks!!!

In the process of awitching to BT as I have just moved into a new build house so placed an order for a new line with BT since they will not release the line to Openreach (According to SKy, my previous supplier). The date was set for the 12th of Novemeber so booked the day off work.

Just now had a message saying that the install will happen on the 2nd December. Was wondering how common this is and really what do people reckon the chances are of this happening again and then how long until I get broadband activated?

I find this really unacceptable as I needbroadband for work and also have a distance learning MSc dissertation due in on the 9th December than needs to be submitted online. Tried calling for help, but while the lady who answered was very polite she really couldn't help.

Cannot understand the delay and BT have left me really, really stuck here!! Not at all good and I have no confidence the line will be in by Christmas let alone broadband.

P.S. I went with SKy for a previous line as they could offer an installation date 2 weeks before BT, that was 3 years ago. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Just bumped my line install date by 3 weeks!!!

it is Sky that has to release the line back to Openreach so you can place an oder with BT sound much more like sky making things akward then a BT issue
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Are you the first occupants of the new build.  If so then before any ISP can do anything the builders should have liaised with Openreach to get the infrastructure done. Once this has been finished only then can the ISP install a line etc. This can take some considerable time if things go wrong.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Patient1
Message 4 of 6

I’ve just switched to BT, having moved from Sky because of connectivity issues at my new address. I now have a very long wait until 24th January before I’ll have phone, broadband and TV! 3 weeks!! Seriously? The previous tenant had BT all set up, so why the long wait for connectivity? Is there any chance to have the date brought forward? As a self-emlployed business owner I need access to the internet for work. Come on BT. Give me some assistance here, please.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Perhaps you should consider a business line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

residential lines are not intended for business use as per the T&C

if crucial for your business then as residential you will need to wait for openreach possible 3 days for a fault and as residentail there is no compensation for loss of business

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings