cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alibee41
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Line

I have just moved and the engineer came to install my line today ,but he has said I need the Civil side . As I need a trench dug for them to run a line to my unit before I can have a phone installed . 1, do I have to pay for this  ? 2, BT have suspended my account this is for 3 months ,if it takes longer will I lose my account?.  Any advice would be helpful

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Line

Its Openreach that install the lines, they would have to arrange for some Civil Engineers to dig the trench. This is normally included in the installation charge, unless you have built the house yourself, and no infrastructure is in place.

BT would have to wait until Openreach had completed all of the work, before they could provide service.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

If there is no existing line plant you will need to pay for it, i.e. the ducting, cabling, etc. A Survey Officer from Openreach would price it all up for you.

plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

'Its Openreach that install the lines, they would have to arrange for some Civil Engineers to dig the trench. This is normally included in the installation charge, unless you have built the house yourself, and no infrastructure is in place.'

Keith, if the dig is required on the customers own land Civils don't do it anymore, the customer can. They Survey Officer will just mark out where to dig and how deep.

0 Ratings