Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Phone pole replacement - services no longer working

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place, but we received a letter from BT about works on our road taking place today on the telephone pole. This started this morning as they said, however they have since left, and I still have no broadband or phone.

As you can imagine, this isn't the greatest time of year to go without these services. Why BT decided to do it now is beyond me, and dumb beyond all rational thinking, but I was hoping someone has a contact number for the section of BT that deals with these appointments so I can find out what happened?

The generic BT line just tells me my line is fine....When it's not, so I'd appreciate any help possible.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Phone pole replacement - services no longer working

All you can do is to raise a fault report.

Its possible that the line tests fine from the exchange end, because its connected to the wrong house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Honestly.......they sometimes connect it to the wrong house?

Are they qualified to do the work?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Bicceh wrote:
Honestly.......they sometimes connect it to the wrong house?

Are they qualified to do the work?

It Openreach that do the work, and sometimes its sub contracted out.

Most errors are caused by inaccurate cable pair records, where someone in the past has changed a pair over, and not updated the database.

If they were changing a pole, then every connection would have needed to be disconnected.

When it came to re-connection, they would rely on whatever is held on the database, right or wrong.

Perhaps in your case, in the past, you had a faulty cable pair and it was changed out but not recorded.

When they came to reconnect all the pairs again, yours would be reconnected to the old faulty pair.

The good (new) pair, would have been connected somewhere else.

They will have to come and sort it out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Bicceh and thanks for posting.

There's a couple of possibilities with this. Either the job hasn't been completed or it hasn't been done correctly. As @Keith_Beddoe has mentioned your best bet would be to raise a fault by calling 151 so the line etc can be tested.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings