cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Privacy and Caller Display

Does sound like a phone issue. Do you have a spare phone you could use for a while in place of you current one? What make and model is your phone?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Silver29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Hi

Phone is a Panasonic KX-TG6622E.  I don't have a spare one to use just now, but as said before, will wait until it happens again to read full message.

Being plagued for last 2 days with 'INTERNATIONAL' recorded message trying to sell me home improvements of some kind - don't know what, as I put down the phone quickly.  So phone is obviously not blocking these.

Thanks for help.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 13 of 15

@Silver29 wrote:

Hi

Being plagued for last 2 days with 'INTERNATIONAL' recorded message trying to sell me home improvements of some kind - don't know what, as I put down the phone quickly.  So phone is obviously not blocking these.

Thanks for help.

That confirms that BT are not blocking your calls. Assuming you have a mobile phone why not call your home number from that whilst withholding your calling number.

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 15

@Silver29 wrote:

Hi

Phone is a Panasonic KX-TG6622E.  I don't have a spare one to use just now, but as said before, will wait until it happens again to read full message.

Thanks for help.

1./ Have you looked in the calls log on your phone?

Find the "international" call in the log, and press the right button of the top three "-" buttons.

Sometimes this will display the caller number, or otherwise give more information such as international out of area.

If it gives the number you can block it from your phone if you wish.

2./ In BT Call Protect you can block international calls, without blocking withheld numbers.

Then you can call from a mobile - withholding your number, as v_meldrew says.

This will prove that there's a distinction in block settings, between withheld and international.

In either case Call Protect gives the caller an option to leave a message accessible from 1572. 

Highlighted
Silver29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Thanks

I've dialled home withholding number from mobile and I get the WITHELD - PRIVATE NUMBER  message, so don't know where the previous message came from.  Beginning to think I imagined the second part of the message, but still sure there was further wording after WITHHELD re call being blocked.

Re - international calls I've checked call log, but no further information except 'out of area'.   Don't want to block all international calls as I have family overseas who phone regularly.

Don't have time to experiment further just now, but will do so later.

0 Ratings