cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperSocket
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Recent Usage list of calls, 0800 calls not showing!

This probably looks like a stupid question but I can't see any 0800 calls I made recently.

Now before someone says why should they or why does it matter read on!

Firstly I can see a 0345 call that has no charge to it.

The 0800 call was to confirm my voting form details have not changed etc!

But a week later I got a FINAL REMINDER letter and the threat of a £1000 fine if I don't send the **bleep** form back.

Needless to say when you call them the automated system makes it very clear once you have done this by phone DO NOT send the form back!

So, can I see my 0800 calls when logged into BT or not.

And if not why not?

FYI; The Filter options are set to "All"

Oh, and yes, I will call the council to double check. That will add a few more pennies to my BT bill along with the doubling of my call charges on 0844 numbers. Thanx BT

That TV commercial on at the moment stating you wont get any surprises on your call charges is a joke!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Recent Usage list of calls, 0800 calls not showing!

@SuperSocket wrote:

This probably looks like a stupid question but I can't see any 0800 calls I made recently.

Now before someone says why should they or why does it matter read on!

Firstly I can see a 0345 call that has no charge to it.

The 0800 call was to confirm my voting form details have not changed etc!

But a week later I got a FINAL REMINDER letter and the threat of a £1000 fine if I don't send the **bleep** form back.

Needless to say when you call them the automated system makes it very clear once you have done this by phone DO NOT send the form back!

So, can I see my 0800 calls when logged into BT or not.

And if not why not?

FYI; The Filter options are set to "All"

Oh, and yes, I will call the council to double check. That will add a few more pennies to my BT bill along with the doubling of my call charges on 0844 numbers. Thanx BT

That TV commercial on at the moment stating you wont get any surprises on your call charges is a joke!

Hi.

Firstly, 0800 calls are not listed or recorded on the phone bill - as they are free calls from landlines, and since July from mobiles too.

This is deliberate - not least because of childline calls.

0345 calls are not free, but will be exempt from specifically being charged depending on your package.

I agree, the 0844 and other service call pricing has caused huge issues for some people. This is an OFCOM requirement and hence affects all phone companies. The surprise is the huge increase in various call costs due to that network access charge. Before the change, call charges to these numbers were hard to determine, and varied considerably depending on which company you were with.

0 Ratings
SuperSocket
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

@Andy_N

Thanx for the reply.

Well it would be helpful if customers had the option to have 0800 at least listed on the online call list.

It can be important also to be able to check and prove I made that call.

I don't see how childline calls should be an issue as isolating free numbers not to appears would not have to be a global setting for all free numbers!

Added to that one of my bank numbers is 0800, so if I need to go back and prove I called them about an issue I can't.

Crazy.

possibly the 0345 call I referred to was made on a weekend hence appearing with no charge! I can see charges for other 0345 numbers.

If this is how OFCOM looks after things then perhaps we need a change!

Huge connection fees is a rip-off for sure.

With the increase my bill is way more then it should be from just back in the summer.

I did call up BT about this and the call centre guy when I  asked him what were the reasons for the increase, he did mention OFCOM, but also inflation!!! LOL I did correct him on that point.

I don't use my phone much at all, but now with the 0844 rip-off and connection fees not helping I think I must be paying over 70% of my bill to standing charges now.

Been with BT for ever! But now looking to move on.

The stupid thing is I can make free calls from my PC via an app, but I like to use the phone. But now BT will not get hardly any of my 0844 calls from now on.

Will have to invest in some better phone kit I guess and cut BT out of the loop.

PS. Not getting email updates for posted replies! Setting is ticked etc!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

the child line reference was just an example there are many other services that people may not want listing on bills for personal safety
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

Hi again.

AFAIK, not listing 0800 (or 0500) and others is an EU directive,  so a legal requirement.

Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

great reply Andy_N
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

@Andy_N wrote:

Hi again.

AFAIK, not listing 0800 (or 0500) and others is an EU directive,  so a legal requirement.

In case anyone's wondering, see http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2007:0698:FIN:EN:PDF Annex I, Part A, item (a).

0 Ratings
SuperSocket
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanx for all the replies; I'm still not getting email updtes to posts!

Well another perfect example of the UK nanny state and EU BS just like the wrong shape bananas some years ago, I even remember a fruit and veg seller going to prison for using the wrong sign!

FYI; It would seem Ofcom had this stated a few years earlier http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/telecoms/ga/GENERAL_CONDITIONS_22Sept2014.pdf

Of course as most things you read these days they bend over backward to the so called European Standards.

It goes without saying any organisation that want to use an 0800 number would have to be carefully vetted (I HOPE), so by that fact there is no need to hide all 0800 numbers! Is there a law to cover vetting use of 0800 and other free numbers? Or didn’t they bother and that’s why all free calls are hidden?

Classing calls made to e.g. a double glazing company and a childline as being equally required to be hidden makes a mockery of the system in place and how idiots control our society.

Leaving that and the law aside as a BT customer at least is it possible to request for the phone records I have made to my local council 0800 number which is a dedicated number for voting registration?

@ john46

I think what you have to remember I am a paying customer, and if I want to see what numbers I dial that maybe to do with a dispute with a bank or council etc I should have the right to do so, and not be made feel from anyone from within this forum or from outside for that matter that my request is an unreasonable one!

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

BT will not give you free phone call records as they are not a billing requirement the same applies to all service providers not just BT

for your information every one who has posted here are BT customers like your self and do not work for BT
0 Ratings
SuperSocket
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

@john46 wrote:
BT will not give you free phone call records as they are not a billing requirement the same applies to all service providers not just BT

for your information every one who has posted here are BT customers like your self and do not work for BT

I was aware from your first post you're not BT staff!

Well I'm not the type of person that follows rules for rules sake, if I feel they are wrong or need tweaking then I speak up.

We all live in a world these days where our personal data is up for sale to just about anyone and not for very much or nothing if you look at companies like TalkTalk. But asking for a relatively simple piece of info as a paying customer is not apparently taken all that seriously. e.g. I don’t see any BT staff dropping in and quoting the rules, but then again they don't need to as it would seem there are plenty willing to do that job for them!

Not being able to backtrack and check with your own phone company so you can prove you made a call to various companies be that solicitor, accountant bank etc will cause some people unnecessary stress and possibly financial issue if they couldn't prove they made a call.

In this day and age with all the spying that goes on in our direction (the customer), it is absolute nonsense that you can't check on a call you made with your own service provider that would not be putting anyone at risk if it’s a free phone number for a bank or council office with a specific 0800 number for voting registration only!

Anyway without the help of BT I managed to check that my details were logged with the council so at least now I know I’m not at risk of a £1000 fine.

Of course that number I had to call wasn’t free so BT now have a little more of my cash at the same time.