cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT Rolling Contract is pure shambles!

Hi blimpster21, Welcome to the forums.

If as you say , you never recieved any notification, then I would carry on with the complaint.

BT can say what they want, they can say that it is 2011 next year. You and i know it won't be.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Fahrenheit_212
Beginner
Message 32 of 37

My 12 month Phone Line Rental/Call Package was renewed under BT'S T&C on the 4th November 2011 without sending me a reminder letter (they state they will) the previous month in order to inform me of the imminent renewal needless to say I am annoyed.

A reminder letter regarding contract renewal was sent the previous year (2010) well in advance of the 4th Nov 2010, I don't know why this wasn't the case this year other than there was a system failure during October which would have meant that many many customers didn't get a reminder letter.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

Hi,

I have read a few of the posts on here and see it goes on for 4 pages so it's good to know i'm not alone with being frustrated with BT and its contracts. I moved house and a month after i moved out cancelled my contract and paid the balance on my account and was told that would be that. Months later i find more bills and marketing letters despite this and asking the letters to stop. I contacted customer services to resolve this and have a full copy of the  conversation which i can email if necessary.

I was told at the start that i owed the full amount, which i said was untrue because this was contrary to what i'd been told when i cancelled my contract and as i'd not been at the property. after much frustrating conversation i was told i would have a refund of line rental but would have to pay a cancellation fee (which i refuse to pay given the circumstances of my account).

Later on in the conversation i was then told this cancellation fee could be waived but i would have to pay the balance of line rental instead. WHICH IS IT????

It is so frustrating that i had to deal with this and collect mail and bills despite requesting this to stop i just want this resolved, my name cleared of these stupid charges and the account closed for good.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

Hi,

I have read a few of the posts on here and see it goes on for 4 pages so it's good to know i'm not alone with being frustrated with BT and its contracts. I moved house and a month after i moved out cancelled my contract and paid the balance on my account and was told that would be that. Months later i find more bills and marketing letters despite this and asking the letters to stop. I contacted customer services to resolve this and have a full copy of the  conversation which i can email if necessary.

I was told at the start that i owed the full amount, which i said was untrue because this was contrary to what i'd been told when i cancelled my contract and as i'd not been at the property. after much frustrating conversation i was told i would have a refund of line rental but would have to pay a cancellation fee (which i refuse to pay given the circumstances of my account).

Later on in the conversation i was then told this cancellation fee could be waived but i would have to pay the balance of line rental instead. WHICH IS IT????

It is so frustrating that i had to deal with this and collect mail and bills despite requesting this to stop i just want this resolved, my name cleared of these stupid charges and the account closed for good.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 37

Unlikely to help some of your existing Contracts though? 😞 http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/services-and-billing/rolloverdef The sale of new automatically renewable contracts to residential and small business customers will be prohibited from 31 December 2011. Ofcom will also require communications providers to move all residential and small business customers currently on rollover contracts to alternative deals, and to completely remove rollover contracts from the market by 31 December 2012. Any customer who has a rollover contract and has concerns or wants to understand how the removal will apply to them should contact their provider. Providers who continue to offer this type of contract to new customers beyond 31 December 2011, or those who continue to have customers on ARCs beyond 31 December 2012 could face enforcement action including a financial penalty of up to ten per cent of turnover.
"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
hmwilson61
Message 36 of 37

This info is really useful but as you say unlikely to help me at the moment.

I called today as I want to switch to O2 because I thought my 18 month contract had expired.  I was told that it was renewed in July 2011 (after 12 months).  I advised that I was told it was an 18 month contract not a 12 month.  This made no difference.  I advised the agent that I was not informed that it was a auto renewal contract, that I had not been contacted to notify me that my contract was about to expire or asked my permission to renew but again he was not interested. 

BT customer service is awful and is why I want to leave.  I waited the 18 months which I'd signed up for and should be allowed to leave without penalty. 

If BT customer service had not messed up in the first place I would not feel the need to leave.  It all started when they advised me when moving home that I could take my number with me.  On the move day I was told it could not be done.  I complained and was told that it would be sorted out.  Nothing happened.  I complained again and they said the same thing. Again nothing happened.  Finally after many calls and emails, I was told that it could not be done and I would have to live with the new number.  By this time I was out of pocket on calls and out of the cooling off period.  To top it off my new number is being used by someone else on internet forms.  So I keep getting cold calls just when my baby daughter drops off to sleep (even though i'm signed up for the TPS service).   

I will try again to talk sense into the customer service department.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 37

@hmwilson61 wrote:

This info is really useful but as you say unlikely to help me at the moment.

I called today as I want to switch to O2 because I thought my 18 month contract had expired.  I was told that it was renewed in July 2011 (after 12 months).  I advised that I was told it was an 18 month contract not a 12 month.  This made no difference.  I advised the agent that I was not informed that it was a auto renewal contract, that I had not been contacted to notify me that my contract was about to expire or asked my permission to renew but again he was not interested. 

BT customer service is awful and is why I want to leave.  I waited the 18 months which I'd signed up for and should be allowed to leave without penalty. 

If BT customer service had not messed up in the first place I would not feel the need to leave.  It all started when they advised me when moving home that I could take my number with me.  On the move day I was told it could not be done.  I complained and was told that it would be sorted out.  Nothing happened.  I complained again and they said the same thing. Again nothing happened.  Finally after many calls and emails, I was told that it could not be done and I would have to live with the new number.  By this time I was out of pocket on calls and out of the cooling off period.  To top it off my new number is being used by someone else on internet forms.  So I keep getting cold calls just when my baby daughter drops off to sleep (even though i'm signed up for the TPS service).   

I will try again to talk sense into the customer service department.

Hi hmwilson61.

try billing live chat, they can give you the date for the end of your contract:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

let us know the outcome.

As regards cold calls, unfortunatly it doesn't make any difference what number you have or even if you are ex directory, eventually you will be called and pestered. Its just a case of how its handled. Even if you are signed up to the TPS, you must still complain to them about the number that is calling you.

You might have to use services such as Choose to refuse , annony caller reject etc or even 3rd party equipment like Truecall which i use to good effect, but they all cost money.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings