cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaggy1
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Service on phone faults

Hi thanks

I like that suggestion, yes I have an answer phone.

do you know if they check the junction box before coming to the property?

Because i have no intention of being here...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Sky still use Openreach to do the repairs, and BT do refund daily line rental if the fault is not fixed in three working days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@shaggy1 wrote:

do you know if they check the junction box before coming to the property?

Because i have no intention of being here...

Yes they do, that is the usual first place they go, as it has the greatest fault liability due to the number of interventions it gets.

Its most likely that someone working in the cabinet on another circuit, caused the fault.

Its not the Field Technicians fault, many of the cabinets are a rats nest of connections and with solid conductors and crimped connectors, breakages  are likely.

Many years ago, BT did try and take certain cabinets out of the POI (Point Of Intervention), where there was sufficient capacity to allow permanent E-Side to D-Side connections. I believe that there are probably some still like that.

With the increasing demand, and the provision of Infinity, this is not longer practical.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Block66b
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

When you report a fault a location will be given,

EX - Exchange (BT Operate problem)
FU - Frames Unit (Openreach)
LN - Local Network (Openreach)
CE - Customer End (Openreach)
CA - Customer Appuratus (Openreach)

If the line test indicates a CA location then it forces an appointment because it thinks the fault lies within the boundary of your property......
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 15

If when you were a Sky customer they accepted a fault report without  making an appointment then the test result must have indicated a problem away from your house, if they  made an appointment without telling you, and the OR engineer turned up , found a problem that you were responsible for, raised a charge to Sky, who then billed you, I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy with Sky's service

TBH , you don't know if the problem you now have is the same as the problem you had when you were a Sky customer,

Sky and BT consumer use the same testing and appointing regime to get OR to look at problems , 

if you are certain that whatever the problem is, it cannot be at your property or on anything you are responsible for, what is stopping you raising a fault, accepting the possibility of charging ( which wouldn't happen if you have proved the fault outside of your boundary) and accepting an appointment even if you won't be in, if the problem is outside, you don't need to be in to get it fixed,

You are incorrect in thinking that Sky get the externals checked first and then make an appointment after that, the test result indicates the probable location and Sky either make an appointment or don't , exactly the same as BT

if BT want an appointment and Sky didn't it means the tester is  indicating a different location for the fault  this time compared to when you had a fault when Sky were your provider

0 Ratings