Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmaccr2
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Synergy 5500 Distortion

Hi,

i wonder if anyone can help resolve an issue we have with the above phone. We have the home base and two extensions, which have worked well for a number of years.  Recently our incoming calls have been distorted with a crackling which means we cannot hear the caller, other than a faint distant voice .  It seems we can be ahead clearly,.  We have tried moving the phone away from other electrical appliances, but no joy.

any thoughts gratefully received

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Synergy 5500 Distortion

Haven't got distortion as such but we keep on taking and making calls using speakerphone facility but this keeps on cutting out now on often used handset and wonder why. Has this handset become faulty?

Unfortunately, this model is no longer made and all recent models seem to plagued by Blocking facilities and a lot of extraneous features. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@HHGTTG 

Most likely you need to replace the rechargeable batteries, as they can no longer provide the extra current needed for the speakerphone.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I would ask for the telephone line to be tested, and if possible borrow a normal phone ( corded ) just to check its not your phone is still bad when connected to the master socket only.
i.e. if you have other extension sockets in the home you should have the option to disconnect your internal wiring, but it sounds like you have a poor connection on the wires.
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Thanks. But battery level indicator show good state of charge but could certainly try that.
0 Ratings