Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Text - BT will not stop phoning me! MODS PERHAPS

To Opt Out of the voice texts you need to dial 0800 587 5252

TMobile/Virign use their same platform so you need to dial 07953 966066 for this.

0 Ratings
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 28

The ONLY option on 0800 587 5252 is to change the times (curfew) that sms voice text are allowed, option 5 is no longer an option, I have just tried it and it loops back to the curfew times.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

You are right that there is only one initial option (Option 1), but if you select this option, you then get a list of different settings - and Option 5 is one of them. At least, that's what just happened when I tried it...

0 Ratings
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 28

I stand corrected, option 5 can only be actioned after pressing for option I and listening to options 1 to 5.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Re: BT Text - BT will not stop phoning me!

I am getting these calls and my phone is not new, nor do I even have a BT line, and my number is ex-directory.

The calls started about 6 months ago and they are non-stop and if I ring 1471 I get a message about sms texts????? and I get told to go to www.bt.com/bttext

They have started coming late evening now and through the night on a couple of occasions.

I have an elderly not so well Mum and I don't want to turn the phone off at night in case she needs me and neither do I want to have to get my phone provider to change my number because I don't want the trouble of having to inform everyone that my number has changed.

I have never signed up to any sms text messaging for my Land line nor would I ....That is what my mobile is for and that is not linked to my land-line to forward messages either

PLEASE PLEASE Help me before I go mad

0 Ratings
mwickett
Message 16 of 28

In theory the solution is:

Dial 0800 587 5252   (the text message options line for BT)

-  then follow instructions

-  you must dial this from the landline you want to stop receiving text messages on.

Details are given at:

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/calling-easier-unwanted-calls.html

In section:

"Stop unwanted texts and text to speech calls"

Good luck !

Clifford89
Message 17 of 28

Hi there

I tried to do the same thing and didn't hear any option 5. Whst you need to do it: press option 1 then it will go through the options 1-4 telling you what each one is. After that option 5 which is to turn it off. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings
sandbyte
Message 18 of 28

I just received 2 texts on my landline. I was able to tell BT to stop all SMS calls from BT as follows: dial 08005875252 and choose the option to change the curfew period. After it has given different curfew periods it gives you an option (5 I think)) to stop receiving all SMS calls. I am not with BT so ignore the message "this may not work with non BT lines".

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 28

You will have to contact your own service provider, as this forum is only for BT Retail customers, the forum moderators can only deal with BT retail.

0 Ratings
Indigosun
Message 20 of 28

I have this problem too - got new phone which has SMS capability tried it out and sent a message to my mobile. since then bt text will not STOP calling :(. Had look and phoned the curfew number to say no more text messages, said it would take 20 mins but still getting deadline calls from 08005875290.

How can I make it stop, seems very coincidental it started 5 mins after I sent text from my new gigaset phone which I have had 24 hours.

Very annoyed having calls every 15 min 😞
0 Ratings