cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: BT Text fault - STILL not working correctly, 3rd report called in today

Hi Lilakitten

I can see my colleague Conor is owning this case for you.

I have spoken to him and he is going to give you a call this afternoon.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Thank you so much!  I spoke to Conor briefly when he rang me to arrange the Openreach visit, but not since - was going to postpone tomorrow's visit anyway - can't see how it will help, just cost BT (& maybe Mum) unneccessarily.  The only 'plus point' was that it might escalate the problem to the correct department at long last.  Will ring Virgin Mobile later, will have to wait until tomorrow to ring '3' mobile as I'm not on their network, need to ask my friend's permission first.  Worried about this marketing call received after I gave the BT customer service agent the full details - my emergency phone, never ever given details to anybody except my next-of-kin, nobody knows it except BT last week.  No website, nobody else.  The only other contact has been the 'bounced back' texts from Virgin Mobile when I used it as a test SMS to Mum's landline.  Very worrying...

0 Ratings
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

Hi StuartH/Keith/DavidM/Conor

Thanks so much for your input.  Conor rang me as promised yesterday, he cancelled the visit, I promised I would get more info from the mobile phone operators: 

Virgin Mobile - there appear to be "restrictions" on the BT Text landline account - ALL Virgin mobile SMS texts have been refused to this number!  Advise we ask BT to remove these "restrictions" (not just for one Virgin Mobile phone, but for ALL Virgin phones) - But I have asked BT customer service agents about this already, Veejay said it is Virgin Mobile's fault..."not ported" - Virgin say it is a restriction set up at BT's end... who to believe?

'3' Mobile - has been escalated to their tech team to see why an SMS text from a '3' mobile is only received as "text-to-speech" synthesised voice message (incomprehensible) when previously to 8th March was received correctly as SMS. At least SOMETHING gets through, even if not a readable SMS as it was before...Will get a reply in 24-48 hours.

Orange Mobile - did not contact, as these SMS texts are delivered & received correctly - to my knowledge, the only network that can get through with no problems.

What should I do next, please?

Many thanks, Penny

0 Ratings
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Hi again Stuart

Conor didn't ring me yesterday, no further replies to my last posting, but I have more information from the '3' Mobile network:

After extensive line tests, they can find no reason why an SMS from '3' is received as 'Text-to-Speech' via BT Text (but only since 8th March).  I asked my friend to delete all previous messages sent & received to this number, & then to delete all their contact details.  We then tried to send an SMS text message.  After a slight delay, "Your text-to-speech message has been delivered" notification came back - i.e. no change.  Rang Mum immediately, she confirmed it came through as a voice message (which she couldn't decipher).

I tried earlier this morning from my Virgin mobile phone - immediate bounce-back "Sorry the person you texted has decided not to accept text messages.  Messages will be charged but cannot be delivered to 0*********8".

Two other virgin mobiles get the same non-delivery message. (As before).

Both Virgin & '3' say the problem is due to restrictions/faults at the receiver's end i.e. BT Text.

I do hope that this helps pinpoint the fault, I have spent many hours (over an hour just today) to chase up what should have been a simple problem to rectify...

Many thanks once again for your help,

Penny

0 Ratings
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Hi yet again Stuart

No reply as yet (17:30 on 26/03/14) but just to re-cap - PROBLEM ONLY STARTED WHEN RENEWED MUM'S BT LINE RENTAL SAVER - £141.00 paid in advance, but strangely BT Text haS  failed since then (& only since then) -  so may we please have a refund & so can switch suppliers???  We were happy with the service for the last 3-4 years, now it has all gone wrong & no answer from BT yet... I have done all the 'donkey-work' by ringing various mobile suppliers, but you seem to be ignoring the info I have collected & verified ...PLEASE HELP -  Penny

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 29

you really need to contact the mod dealing with you problem as they do not always read posts here once they have made contact with you

Also line rental saver is not normally refundable as it shows in the terms and conditions
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 29

Thanks John, will try to contact Conor tomorrow - wasn't sure if he was off work the last couple of days - I need to let him know what I have found out from my various telephone calls to the mobile operators as he requested. Best wishes, Penny

0 Ratings
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 29

Smiley FrustratedHi David

As you will be able to see from the threads on my original post, my Mum is still no further forward in solving this BT Text issue - I have been put into the hands of 'Conor' by StuartH, but I can't find Conor as a mod on a search of the forums - he rang me on Monday, I have since been in contact with both Virgin Mobile & '3' Mobile as he requested, results posted in the forum, but no way of contacting him directly (I may be wrong, but I can't find him lol). Took me a while to find out from these two Network Providers what was showing at their end, especially as I had to ask the permission of friends to do so via their mobile phones, but my results are hopefully of use - even though BT could not do this research themselves.  I wonder what would happen if another 77 year old pensioner did not have any family to chase up a fault hmmm...

All the details from the 6 mobile phones that I have feedback from are available on request - ALL were able to send SMS to Mum's landline BEFORE 8th March, but only 2 since - of the remainder, 3 get bounced back & 1 goes as 'text-to-speech' (incomprehensible). As far as I can find out, ALL Virgin mobiles are rejected (restrictions on BT line) & ALL '3' mobiles are diverted as 'Text-to-Speech' (BT line is now regarded as a non-SMS enabled line, as no faults found after extensive tests by 3 mobile).  But 'Orange' mobiles seem to continue to go through correctly as a readable SMS!

I have no results for e.g. Vodaphone, Tesco Mobile, Giff-Gaff, Sainsbury's Mobile, T-Mobile, Asda Mobile, O2, (etc etc) as I unfortunately do not know anybody on these networks personally.

Mum's BT Broadband was 'down' on 20th, 21st & 22nd March - OK since 23rd March - I don't know if this is merely coincidental?  Everything had been fine until 8th March!

Thanks for your help David, so sorry to have to trouble you again!

Penny

SS StuartH - cannot find a slot to PM DavidM x

0 Ratings
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

P.S. So sorry - cannot PM any of the 3 mods who were helping me - did not mean for above message to become public today

0 Ratings
LilaKitten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 29

BT where has your Customer Service vanished to?  Over 6 weeks now since reported this fault, the last time 'Conor' rang me was 3 weeks ago, 'Jordan' about the same, HAD NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER FROM BT SINCE THEN even after numerous assurances that they would keep me informed - in fact the last conversation I had with anybody was only because I rang again in desperation!  I can honestly say that I have never known such indifference towards loyal customers - shame on you BT

Tags (1)
0 Ratings