cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michty6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT and Openreach an unhealthy partnership

I'll pass on a little trick I've learned.  Never, ever, ever, ever believe what someone from BT tells you.

When someone says one thing say 'Oh that's great.' before hanging up calling them back and seeing what the next person tells you.

Usually the person will just tell you whatever needs to be told to make you happy and get you off the line - in your case 'the external work has been completed'.  

I would say you need a minimum of at least 3 different BT representatives telling you something before you can start to believe that it MIGHT be true...

0 Ratings
billpayer
Message 12 of 14

GGGRRRR!!!! have been trying to get a complaint about communication from BT and Openreach dealt with, the fault on the line was said NOT to external, therefore my elderly mother inlaw had been waiting for an Openreach engineer to come to her home to fix what was said to be an 'internal' fault and that all external lines had been checked etc. etc. for 28/11/13 between 1pm and 6pm- no show by 8pm, no communication/update, she used all her mobile credit phoning BT, by 9.30pm still no update, I phone BT now, told it IS an external fault and that is why no engineer arrived. I lodge complaint, told supervisor would be calling, 10.30pm no call back, I called BT, promised supervisor would call back by 11.30pm, after midnight recieved call back from call advisor NOT supervisor who then tells me they have called my mother inlaw at 11.45pm!!!!!!! to tell her that her phoneline should be fixed by 02/12/13!!! I request that I speak to a supervisor, I wait on the line for them, who recounts everything back to me but still has not told me what the process for my complaint is and that Openreach never call customers untill they mend the faults when they are external.......still missing the point that an elderly person was left waiting all day and all night before being informed of what was happening....I'M RANTING!!!!!!! 

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO A PERSON FROM BT NOT THEIR CALL HANDLERS AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN OPENREACH!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 14

@billpayer wrote:

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO A PERSON FROM BT NOT THEIR CALL HANDLERS AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN OPENREACH!!!!!!!!!!

I am afraid you will have to direct any questions to openreach through your comms provider (CP)

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 14

Hi billpayer and welcome,

I'm really sorry about this. I'll be happy to take a look and check it for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings