cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cking1972
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT appalling service. Putting people at risk and lie to customers

I have never felt the need to use such a forum. But to be honest I am at my wits end and watchdog, press, social media, ...anything that can get an adult response from BT must be attempted. 

I placed a home  move in late November and despite originally being given a date of 14 dec was soon given a date of 17 January to complete the order. As the new home is in a rural community where there is little cellphone access it is imperative that there is a phone security and Internet access for the security of my partner. I also work from home  so need to be able to cocommunicate 

The home move team initially escalated the install to a date of 19th dec. By the 20th I had a phone connection but no broadband.  Then the calls began.....

To cut the story short, I have spend over 17 hours on the phone to BT. Be it to the home mover or order placement team. I have been promised a call back on 10 separate occasions and had only two. My order has been due to be completed on the 2nd Jan, 4th Jan, 8th Jan,11 Jan,14 Jan and now 18 Jan. 

The order process team admit they had not closed out order tags properly and so could not place the correct order, Resulting in numerous orders being placed and cancelled. Home move tell me it is an issue with the exchange and BT whole sale migrating the services of others. No one can give me a straight answer. 

The final straw is that tonight our phone line has been cancelled for some reason,and I have no way of speaking to someone who will take some responsibility. And before anyone from BT asks we have tried a neighbours phone and it has no dial tone either. 

I have been lied to throughout and i hear another person (after being on hold for an hour) tell me that they promise they will personally resolve the situation, I will scream. 

I am so angry and have NO where to turn to complain. I want this resolved but BT are not interested. 

This has cost me 17 x£75 for my time. £100 for telephone calls (I am in Germany at present), not accounting for the personal anguish that this has caused. Believe me this is the single worst failure of customer services I have ever experienced. 

You want to know the best part. ....being told that it was my fault for moving home (a BT services person actually said this)

can anyone give me the contact details of Warren Buckley ? I don't know what else to do...... But advise anyone NOT to use BT

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT appalling service. Putting people at risk and lie to customers

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they will be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
cking1972
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

After speaking to a call centre in India for 14 hours intermittently and uk home mover and options teams for three, why do you think that this would be any different. I have little means of communication and BT have failed me. What needs to happen is that someone contacts me to put this right. I have logged a customer care enquiry number for what good it will do. Since I have been seeking resolution since early December do you really suggest it is reasonable to wait for someone to contact me when I have already been promised call back on several occasions and have not received them. This response is another attempt to pass the buck rather than take responsibility. 

Why should I believe that this customer care team would be any different. 

I am beyond frustration and no one at BT gives a **bleep** 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

this is a customer help customer forum and the only BT employees are the forum mods.  your posts do not go directly to BT.  As Keith has said your best chance of getting something done is to contact the mods via the link Keith provided.  If you read some of the forum posts you will see numerous positive comments on the assistance provided by the mods in solving the problem

up to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cking1972
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I had contacted the mods by logging an enquiry by following the link. I'm just not convinced of getting a response since numerous BT staff have not delivered so far so I am exceeding sceptical and angry at BT for not taking ownership. 17 hours on calls not including time on hold will tend to frustrate.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

I can totally understand your frustration as nearly all the people on the forum have been there for various reasons.  the mods will contact you and provide assistance but sorry you have to be patient while they deal with customer problems prior to yours.  reading some of the posts may get rid of your scepticism on whether or not the mods will contact you and provide assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
cking1972
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Thanks. I am trying to be patient but this has been rumbling on for 6 weeks or so and since the area has little mobile signal, this connection really is critical prior reasons of security. I will give them the one last chance but in reality they have me over a barrel as I have little alternate options. 

cking1972
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I received an email from Warren himself. Promised to get one of his team to respond. Here's hoping. 

Guru
Message 9 of 10

@cking1972 wrote:

I received an email from Warren himself. Promised to get one of his team to respond. Here's hoping. 

Read the bottom, will say it's automatically generated. 😄

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
MonicaJ
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

You have my sympathies, I cannot help but maybe it helps to know you are not alone in your experiences?

By the time you get desperate it really seems there is no-one to contact to get immediate actual assistance.

I think the advice you have been given here, and followed, is good advice.

The mods response is '3 days' but I think they do their best with this, so hopefully someone will help you soon.

Please post back so we know the outcome!

0 Ratings