cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT basic fault repair

Go to solution

My parents have Bt basic and have had faults on the line ( no dial tone) at least a dozen times. Happened again 16.9.19 and reported same day. Engineer called next day to say a dig team was needed as fault was underground. Over 2 weeks later the dig team havent been out. I have spent hours and hours on the phone to BT and have been told different incorrect info on each call. I even raised a complaint and have not been called back despite being given 2 appts for a case manager to call me. I am so frustrated with the situation and cant help feeling that they are not being dealt with quickly due to them having a basic account. I spoke to advisor who said " you only have basic so i cant deal with this and you need to speak to basic team".

ADR seems to be the way forward at the minute as Ive given up trying to get anywhere calling BT

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT basic fault repair

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Spoiler
Thanks. Any help will be glady received. 
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Vicx71,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm there is a fault with your Parent's service and that the repair has been delayed. If you send me in their details, I'll take a look at what is happening with the fault.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Vicx71  thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier and I'll continue to chase this fault until it is fixed. I'll update you again on Monday.

thanks
John

Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 . 

Thanks for your help so far. I was wondering if there was any updates on my parents account. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi  @Vicx71 thanks for posting, @JohnC2 is due back in the office later this afternoon and I'll make sure he gets your message.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Vicx71  The cable change over should be complete now and the telephone line back in service. Are you able to check this and confirm it's working ok?

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 . The phone is niw working again. Thanks for all your help

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Vicx71  thanks for posting back and good to hear that the phone is back up and running 🙂

cheers
John

0 Ratings