cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewzab
Message 1 of 2

BT beyond a joke!!!

i moved home in november from number 43 to 58 a new build on the same road and have been trying to get a phone line since.

booked an appointment prior to the move and was told the earliest bt could attend to install new line was 18th january a wait of 2 months which meant no broadband or landline over the christmas and new year break but had no choice  to accept.

So i eagerly awaited the 18th jan with no landline or internet.

All the paperwork arrived through the post to confirm the appointment so all looked good. The 18th arrived and i called BT on my mobile to confirm the appointment,  the customer advisor told me that the engineer was working in the exchange and would not be calling that day but would be calling on friday 25th jan (yet another week with no internet etc) Today tue 22nd jan i phoned BT again to confirm that they would be installing my new line on friday and was told that the surveyor would call me on thursday to update me on IF and WHEN they can install my new line.

How can it take all this time to sort this out i thought we were in the 21st century not back in the 19th.

What a joke they have the monopoly on phone lines so you have to accept the total lack of customer care, service and indian advisors that dont understand english, in the hope that eventually they actually manage to get it together to provide a phone line. And my compensation for all this is 3 months free line rental if and when they eventually sort out the new line.  

Cheerz BT yet another satisfied customer NOT!!!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT beyond a joke!!!

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a backlog of work so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

If you would like someone to look into your delay, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings